Rear of Amp Reverb Ft Switch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdy

Reaction score
I don't have an A/B foot switch yet to try it.
Has any one yet ?
It's my understanding that you can switch out the reverb using
this switch, even if you have the reverb on ?
example... you have 'verb selected for the clean/Lo channel withe toggle,
but you can switch it off (while using selected channel) with the stand alone
switch.

IQ of Forrest Gump....without the good luck :mrgreen:

Yes, that is the case.

I use it with a generic footswitch that had an LED. But for some reason, with the LED the It would not work properly. I cut one of the leads on the LED and not it works fine.

I have a Signalflex 1 button switch that works great. I leave the reverb "on" in the back, have the switch on the pedalboard, turn on and off as desired. Awesome feature...

so can i use any sinlge foot switch for this; like my marshall switch for changing channel on that head?

I would think so. It's just a simple contact closure switch. As long as that's all your switch is

The whole reverb foot switch on the back is confusing.. the owner’s manual is contradicting on this
The manual reads…

There is also a REVERB MUTE ¼” footswitch jack located on the tube side of the chassis that can be connected to any tip-to-ground latching type footswitch and in this way you can bring the Reverb on line when needed from a footswitch (not supplied).

right under that the manual says the foot switch jack in the back operates the same as the mode changing jack on the front, for changing the modes but as an alternate location if using a rack mount.

FT. SW. (FOOTSWITCH): This jack is a duplicate of the Front Panel Stereo FOOTSWITCH jack so that cables can
be routed to the Rear Panel for use in a Rack Chassis version of the Electra Dyne or when the head is mounted in a custom rack. Use the supplied ¼” Stereo cable when connecting the Footswitch to this jack.
Ok……..so which is it????? :x

I plugged in a foot switch into the rear jack last night for the purpose of being able to turn reverb on and off while playing….the only thing it did was either enable, or disable the mode foot switch plugged into the front. The reverb never turned off……am I missing something?.... the manual is unclear on this as it contradicts itself from one paragraph to the next concerning this .....any ideas?????? :idea: :idea: .... :oops:

The plug isn't on the back panel- it is underneath the amp itself...the plug will be vertical when plugged in. The 1/4" input is directly behind the reverb wires that plug into the amp from the reverb tank...weird spot for a plug, but an absolutely killer feature. Hope this helps....

The plug isn't on the back panel- it is underneath the amp itself...the plug will be vertical when plugged in. The 1/4" input is directly behind the reverb wires that plug into the amp from the reverb tank...weird spot for a plug, but an absolutely killer feature. Hope this helps....

that is a big help Laskyman....thank you so much...I thought i was going crazy for a minute...I give a look for that jack tonight..Not by the tank but in the main chassis right??

So...if I get a one button Mesa B switch with an an LED on/off
light, the LED indicator is going to work in conjunction with the
reverb being on or off ?
Great info so far guys.

An official Mesa switch should work, mine is not from Mesa, nor does it have an LED, but you can hear the creamy reverb well when it is engaged...

Ok… I found the jack…your right that is an odd place to put it…the pedal I have works :D :D ……….ahhhhhhhhhhh being able to turn the reverb on and off as you go is like winning the lottery and having no relatives come out of the wood work; it opens the possibilities up immensely…. I did not think it possible but as of today I love the ED even more.. 8)

Cheers
Bill

Back