Getting some ED gas

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve_k

Reaction score
Getting some serious ED gas listening to all you guys and the YT clips. Hard to tear me away from my Mark III and IV for most of the tone I like and am looking for something more Marshall and versatile with some simple EQ. The ED looks to be it. I play mostly in a metal cover band but, we do a Pink Floyd cover on the side. I believe the ED will fit right in there for the Floyd work. I may pick up a head today. Plenty of 4x12 Recto heads.

Steve

The ED gas will consume you- give in....its worth it. The clips sound great, the what makes this amp is the feel and dynamics when you play it.

Yeah seriously, there is no lose in getting the ED. It may not be quite as versatile as the mark V and all its knobs, but as a trade-off, you get great, no-hassle tone every time you turn it on. What more can you ask for?

steve_k said:
Getting some serious ED gas listening to all you guys and the YT clips.

Steve

Word. I'm in the ED G.A.S. boat too brother. I made the mistake of actually playing one... Now, I'm consumed with all things Electra Dyne. :mrgreen:

I have to agree, I am having major GAS for the ED as well, its insane how I am hatching a plan to let my wife know after Xmas, she will understand :mrgreen:

Sixstringpsycho said:
I have to agree, I am having major GAS for the ED as well, its insane how I am hatching a plan to let my wife know after Xmas, she will understand :mrgreen:

What's that old saying about how getting forgiveness is easier than permission? :lol:

Everytime I watch this video ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3VeWCFPF-Y ) it stokes my GAS for this amp. It's the first amp I've heard where I'm blown away by what it can do clean and dirty. I know this is a Youtube video, but it's pretty well done considering it's from Guitarist (UK magazine). My local shop has got one in and I can't decide whether to try it out and realise that I must have it, or leave it where it is and wonder. Trouble is, if I do get it I'll have to sell my LSS to help finance it and I don't want to do that. I'll just have to wait until I can spare the cash.

GAS is a b*gger!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Yeah like stated earlier it's easier to ask forgiveness than ask permission. I am seriously considering one of these babies. I have yet to hear an real negative things about the amp. I have heard of some issues with the V but not with the ED. Anyone have any issues with this amp?

The only issues I have with this amp is that I have to sleep and work and cant play the thing 24/7….God know I want to and would if I could…its that cool to the point of inspiring… have not found a lot it cant do in regards to my own musical tastes. This baby does not disappoint. It’s worth saving the pennies for….. 8)

Cheers
Bill

Latest posts

Back