Bypassing the reverb questions....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laskyman

Reaction score
So for fun, I hit the hard bypass on the reverb, and the amp got even better sounding- particularly the low gain setting- just kind of opened it up a little- always sounded great- but with reverb bypassed, it smokes. So, I LOVE the reverb, especially with clean, but I wonder if using a footswitch to activate/deactivate the reverb will have similar results? I dont have my signalflex with me at the moment, so I cant check it out- but it really had a great impact on the tone....
To reverb, or not to reverb......
Anyone else notice this?

Can't help with the reverb but I do have a question for you. I notice you have a GT-10. How does it sound with the Electra dyne? I love how the amp sounds without effects but would love to use a few. Does it suck any of the tone?

The GT interfaces well with any serial loop equipped amp, including the ED. You can also switch amp channels with it as well (use the stock footswitch to switch the high gain and clean). The key to a GT is using the 4CM method and setting the input levels correctly- once this is done, the GT is a great all-in-one for the ED.
I will use the GT, but will continue building a "grail" board as well.....

Do you think it sounds better having the entire reverb circuit bypassed rather then just having the reverb off?

I don't notice a difference between the two, so for me the footswitch works fine.

Of course when I record the purist in me requires the reverb circuit be bypassed.

Do you run your Mesa with a power conditioner? If you don't, the difference in improvement is more than flipping the bypass switch at the back IME...

Latest posts

Back