Pulling tubes to run in only 50 watt mode

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primal

Reaction score
I really have no need to run this amp in 100 watt mode. 50 watts will bring the freaking walls down.

Is it possible to just pull the two power tubes not being used when in 50 watt mode, this way there will be less wear on the tubes not being used?

Also, I want to try some EL34's in it but only want to buy 2.

You could just use the handy little switch that changes it from 90 watts to 45 watts! No need to pull any tubes, and 45 watts is class A goodness!!!

HIgh Gain Junkie said:
You could just use the handy little switch that changes it from 90 watts to 45 watts! No need to pull any tubes, and 45 watts is class A goodness!!!

I am aware of the switch, however, there is still some power applied to the tubes that are not being used.

Also, as I said in the post, I would like to try some EL34's and would rather buy 2 and not 4.

if you pull two tubes (either the inner or outer pair), you will need to change the impedance. If you are using an 8 ohm cab, you will need to plug into the 4 ohm output...

ty

thunda1216 said:
if you pull two tubes (either the inner or outer pair), you will need to change the impedance. If you are using an 8 ohm cab, you will need to plug into the 4 ohm output...

ty

Really? I am still going to have the switch set to 45 watts

Latest posts

Back