volume trim ????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satisfied5582

Reaction score
what's up, i've haven't been here in a while but i return with a new Electra Dyne. i have one of the earlier versions with out the volume trim, so my question is how useful is the volume trim on the back of the Electra Dyne? my tech said he is waiting on Mesa to send him the parts and he will do the mod for me. is this trim pot useful? do you guys use it?

by the way this amp ROCKS :twisted:

satisfied5582 said:
what's up, i've haven't been here in a while but i return with a new Electra Dyne. i have one of the earlier versions with out the volume trim, so my question is how useful is the volume trim on the back of the Electra Dyne? my tech said he is waiting on Mesa to send him the parts and he will do the mod for me. is this trim pot useful? do you guys use it?

by the way this amp ROCKS :twisted:

You want the mod! Without it I don't see how you would be able to level the volumes properly between clean and dirty.

I found I have to adjust the trim pot based on where I have the master set, so it's not like set it once and forget about it unless you never change the master volume

If you have the gain trim switch set to lo/high gain (This reduces the gain channel volume level), then the clean level knob comes in handy to turn the clean volume down because the cleans can be louder than the gain modes. With the trim switch set to clean or normal, I have found I have to have the clean level knob turned all the way up to get enough volume on the clean mode to match up with the gain modes and this has to be with the front panel volume (gain) control set between two to three o'clock. If the front panel volume control is set to anything less than two to three o'clock, you can't get enough volume out of the clean mode no matter how you set things.

If you plan on playing in a live setting, you will need the mod. Otherwise your cleans will not balance properly without readjusting the volume.

kfinkel1966 said:
If you plan on playing in a live setting, you will need the mod. Otherwise your cleans will not balance properly without readjusting the volume.

i don't notice it so much when i play live as when i play at low volumes. i usually roll the volume back on the clean gain stage and then full throttle on the other gain stages when live, so i guess it balances its self out, but when i play it at low volumes i don't usually roll the volume back since there is no need to because the tubes are not breaking up.

Latest posts

Back