using a channel switcher with an effects loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badjohnny

Reaction score
I wonder, is there any way to use a switcher box (like a Loop-Master) to switch the gain modes (from lo to hi) so an effects loop can be switched in to give a volume boost for leads. Like this switcher:

http://www.loop-master.com/product_info.php?cPath=33&products_id=157

I'd love to use the Hi mode for solos but, being in a 2-guitar band, I need a pretty sizable volume boost. I'd like to find something that would switch to hi mode and also give me volume boost I can adjust, such as using a pedal in a loop. Possible?

Johnny

Yeah, it's possible. Not sure if the ED's footswitch is mono, or stereo. I think it is stereo, so that may not work.

Also, I have a Loopmaster pedal patcher. And though it is a finely made product, be prepared to WAIT. All items are made to order. The website says 4+ weeks... mine took over two months.

I'm in the same boat too. One solution I am looking at is an RJM Mini Amp Gizmo. It is a MIDI controller that will change fx patches on my M9 AND switch gain stages on the ED. So, with one button press, I get the Clean mode, and say a little chorus, etc. Press a diff button on the M9 and get your rhythm setting, or lead mode. Pretty cool.

You could set it up to go to Vintage Hi, and kick on a few db of boost ( via a comp, dirt box, eq, etc.) as well, all with one button press.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Back