Clean Level Control... Use it?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creekhed

Reaction score
So...can anyone shed any light on the ED Clean Level Control? I am still waiting for my new ED to have the Trim switch installed and want to know if anyone uses this to level out the volume changes that occur when switching between Clean/Vinage Low/Vintage Hi.

When I played through it at the store it seemed that I had to have the Clean level maxed and that the "Dirty modes" were almost too loud, yet this clean level knob is to be used to LOWER the cleans to match the other modes.

It almost seemed "Backwards" to have the ability to lower the cleans rather than the apparantly loud Vintage sounds.

Anyone have Any experience using the Clean control knob?

i use it all the time, on my amp the clean mode is a little louder than the drive modes. and depending on the overall master level of the amp, sometimes its much louder than the other modes. i use the clean level knob to back the clean volume off a little. it works pretty good. maybe the one you played on was messed up...

creekhed said:
When I played through it at the store it seemed that I had to have the Clean level maxed and that the "Dirty modes" were almost too loud, yet this clean level knob is to be used to LOWER the cleans to match the other modes.

I've had my amp for about a week now and have the same problem. The clean channel is always too quiet even with the clean level maxed out. With the master volume low, it's not quite as noticeable, but at any decent volume, the gain modes are WAY louder than the clean
mode. The only time it seems to work right is when I have the gain trim switched to lo/high. This reduces gain mode volume to where the levels between the modes match up better, but then the problem is it cuts the gain too much in lo/high mode.

i'm waiting to get the volume trim installed as well, but i haven't really needed it. i guess i run the gain at the right spot where the gain stages are balanced, i don't know. if i go up on the gain then the difference in volume is noticeable.

Back