This Amp is AMAZING!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theweatherman

Reaction score
Hey,

Is boogie serious??? all this hype about the mark V while this simple one channel amp goes unnoticed! I can't believe it.
I have owned=

B52 AT100
Crate Blue Voodoo
Mesa triple, dual, and single rectifiers
Marshall Jcm2000 DSL and TSL
Marshall JCM 900
Mesa DC-5
Mesa F-50
Mesa Stiletto

Have played extensively on=
Fender deville
marshall jcm 800

I play classic rock and punk rock and this amp is perfect for both styles. I am so happy with it.
I have had such a love/ hate relationship with boogies and marshalls. The rectifiers although fun for high gain stuff, get old really quick. The DC-5 was actually a pretty amazing amp, i would love to own one again. The F-50 had great cleans but the gain was too bassy and flubby. the stiletto was too bright for my tastes and had a sad clean channel. The Marshalls all were great except the cleans just plain sucked. I have always wanted an amp that has that marshall crunch and growl, with mesa's low end girth and creaminess, but still have an amazing clean channel. well, the ED gave that to me! and to top it off it's one channel! no dialing tones for days...just set it and forget it :D

happy to join the boogie board and happy to own the best amp i've ever played or heard

TheWeatherMan

I played one, and liked it. However, as they say, horses for courses. If I had more money, I'll definitely pick it up. But for what I'm looking for now, I'm trying to score a Mesa Stiletto Deuce II head...

Yeah...I FINALLY got to demo a 1x12 combo this weekend. I had high expectations since NAMM, and this amp totally lived up to them. I love the big, boomy, 3-D bass and vintage feel. It satisfied my Lonestar jones and my appetite or the Marshall crunch. As a Mark lover, the only thing missing for me was the liquid lead of the Mark IV, but I'm sure a simple pedal could remedy that. I originally thought "if only this had a two-channel eq set-up", but for my purposes it really doesn't need it.

What I love about the Mark IV: if it were my only amp, I could live happily ever after. I think the ED falls safely into that category as well.

dodger916 said:
As a Mark lover, the only thing missing for me was the liquid lead of the Mark IV, but I'm sure a simple pedal could remedy that.

:shock:

dodger916 said:
Yeah...I FINALLY got to demo a 1x12 combo this weekend. I had high expectations since NAMM, and this amp totally lived up to them. I love the big, boomy, 3-D bass and vintage feel. It satisfied my Lonestar jones and my appetite or the Marshall crunch. As a Mark lover, the only thing missing for me was the liquid lead of the Mark IV, but I'm sure a simple pedal could remedy that. I originally thought "if only this had a two-channel eq set-up", but for my purposes it really doesn't need it.

What I love about the Mark IV: if it were my only amp, I could live happily ever after. I think the ED falls safely into that category as well.

As a Mark IV owner, I do agree that the ED lead tone is not the liquid tone you get from the Mark. But I do think the ED lead tone is killer in it's own right.

I also agree that if either the Mark IV or the ED were my only amp I would be happy. Fortunately that is not the case :D

dodger916 said:
As a Mark lover, the only thing missing for me was the liquid lead of the Mark IV, but I'm sure a simple pedal could remedy that.

ON that thought try a compressor. The biggest thing that makes the Mark shine on leads is that it is so compressed, far more compressed then the ED. I have a compressor I use sometimes that is pointless on the Mark IV but sounds nice for leads on the ED. I wouldn't use it for non leads though.

Mark Fore said:
dodger916 said:

What are you shocked at? I like the lead tone of the ED, and could be very happy with it, but it is not the liquid lead of the Mark IV....no way. There are things about the ED that I prefer to the Mark IV, like the great warm, boomy, crunchy rhythms.

primal said:
dodger916 said:

ON that thought try a compressor. The biggest thing that makes the Mark shine on leads is that it is so compressed, far more compressed then the ED. I have a compressor I use sometimes that is pointless on the Mark IV but sounds nice for leads on the ED. I wouldn't use it for non leads though.
Great tip, thanks. I don't use pedals, except for delay or an occasional flange/chorus. I've never used a OD or a compressor. But now that you mention it, it makes sense that compression is what makes the Mark IV lead so compelling. Next time I demo the ED I'll throw a compressor in front. That could be the "turning point" for me in buying an ED.

dodger916 said:
Mark Fore said:
dodger916 said:

What are you shocked at? I like the lead tone of the ED, and could be very happy with it, but it is not the liquid lead of the Mark IV....no way. There are things about the ED that I prefer to the Mark IV, like the great warm, boomy, crunchy rhythms.

Just want to know what pedal that is. :wink:

When I was playing with the ED a couple days ago, it saeems lowering the mid pot also compressed the tone quite a bit- very dynamic amp the ED....

Latest posts

Back