Anybody had problems with their Dyne yet?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tubby_cosmos

Reaction score
I just bought one today - came with a faulty footswitch, which I'm sure will get fixed. Had some noisy tubes in it, too, because it was a floor model, but the store I went to switched them out no problem. Anybody else had problems?

You are the first I have heard. Though to be fair the volume of ED's on the market right now is probably far less then other models

No issues here. I know that the floor models can be abused a lot of the time, so I wouldn't worry too much. Was the foot switch hooked up while the amp was on the floor? Do you have a different cable you can use to try the switch with? Good luck - these amps appear to be built like tanks (they weigh about as much too). All worth it when you plug in and let it rip 8) I am still in the honeymoon phase with mine - I have never had an amp that makes me want to play guitar as much as this one does.

kfinkel1966 said:
No issues here. I know that the floor models can be abused a lot of the time, so I wouldn't worry too much. Was the foot switch hooked up while the amp was on the floor? Do you have a different cable you can use to try the switch with? Good luck - these amps appear to be built like tanks (they weigh about as much too). All worth it when you plug in and let it rip 8) I am still in the honeymoon phase with mine - I have never had an amp that makes me want to play guitar as much as this one does.

haha yeah I tried different cables, they didn't work last night. But a rep from the store (they're awesome) dropped by my place this morning and gave me a new cable to try, and voila! Working footswitch. Thankfully, it looks like this store didn't let their customers abuse the amp too much besides tube wear and tear, but they're going to replace the preamp tubes for me midweek. And then my life will be complete.

The first one I got-combo, pre mod, died after a day. Lot's of popping noises-not good. Brought it back and they ordered me a head instead, much lighter-when they tried the faulty combo-it actually smoked!

Bought a head in June within 3 weeks it started cutting out, took it back after Mesa said it was probably just tubes and would send me some new ones, but did not have time to wait need it to play that night. So GC let me exchange it for a 1x12 combo they had. Got it straight out of the box and only the clean channel worked, replace V1 and it was good to go, and still is going.

I have had my ED combo for almost a month and am still blown away by it every time I plug in. It sounds friggin huge. I bought a Telecaster just to hear how good it would sound though the 'Dyne. I am positive this will go down in amp history as a true classic.

OK- first problem:
Just picked up my ED on thursday and went directly to rehearsal, played without incedent all night- love this amp. Friday after work, go home, cant wait to plug in, so I fire it up, then- clean is nice- but no sound in low gain.....or hi gain...
I check all connections (just running straight, nothing in the loop) all is well. Same- no sound in low or high.
So I get into standby, then power on for a second, and I see the pretty purple lightning show in one of the power tubes....Call the dealer and schedule a date for this afternoon- probably just a faulty tube.
So, today, bring the amp in and switch out a pair of tubes. Same purple show in 45 watt mode. Another set of tubes, different color- same. One last set of tubes, and then for giggles, check the same in 90 watt mode- purple lightshow in ALL power tubes.
Needless to say, amp isn't coming home today- NO IDEA what is going on, gotta wait till Monday to find out. Trouble is, there isn't another Mesa I want- I want the Dyne.....anyone have an idea?

Laskyman said:
OK- first problem:
Just picked up my ED on thursday and went directly to rehearsal, played without incedent all night- love this amp. Friday after work, go home, cant wait to plug in, so I fire it up, then- clean is nice- but no sound in low gain.....or hi gain...
I check all connections (just running straight, nothing in the loop) all is well. Same- no sound in low or high.
So I get into standby, then power on for a second, and I see the pretty purple lightning show in one of the power tubes....Call the dealer and schedule a date for this afternoon- probably just a faulty tube.
So, today, bring the amp in and switch out a pair of tubes. Same purple show in 45 watt mode. Another set of tubes, different color- same. One last set of tubes, and then for giggles, check the same in 90 watt mode- purple lightshow in ALL power tubes.
Needless to say, amp isn't coming home today- NO IDEA what is going on, gotta wait till Monday to find out. Trouble is, there isn't another Mesa I want- I want the Dyne.....anyone have an idea?

What do you mean by purple light show? Does it look like there is an arc inside the tube or is it just glowing purple?
They always turn purple when you put the juice to them.

Laskyman said:
OK- first problem:

Had the same problem with mine replaced V2 and V3 and worked fine.

Latest posts

Back