Took the leap yesterday!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespauljoe1

Reaction score
I ordered an Electra Dyne yesterday. :D I decided to go wit a 2 X 12 even though I have only played through a 1 X 12. The price difference is only $100.00. I ordered it in tan with creme knobs. The only downside is, the wait time is 6 to 10 weeks.

I knew as soon as I played this great amp, that I would have one. It impressed me that much.

I just picked mine up yesterday. Best amp purchase I ever made. I called in sick today so I can stay home and play it all day! You are going to love it!

kfinkel1966 said:
I just picked mine up yesterday. Best amp purchase I ever made. I called in sick today so I can stay home and play it all day! You are going to love it!

You're my hero dude! When I get mine, I'll have to call in sick also. I only have 8 hours of vacation remaining this year and I saved it to stay out the day after a Joe Bonamassa show. A friend and I are going and staying overnight so we can take a taxi and blow it out.

lespauljoe1 said:
I ordered an Electra Dyne yesterday. :D I decided to go wit a 2 X 12 even though I have only played through a 1 X 12. The price difference is only $100.00. I ordered it in tan with creme knobs. The only downside is, the wait time is 6 to 10 weeks.

I knew as soon as I played this great amp, that I would have one. It impressed me that much.

congrats man! the ED is easily one of the best amps i've ever owned. You will not be disappointed. As for mesa's 6-10 weeks. I ordered some stuff last week and their expected delivery time was 4-6 weeks as it was to be "made to order". I got the call today from UPS that it was being delivered today and someone has to be home to sign for it. you just never know...

I want to see that thing once you get it. I was lucky enough to pick up an ED head from a forum member that had ordered it in white with a white croc leather face.... this amp is KILLER!

czarivan said:
congrats man! the ED is easily one of the best amps i've ever owned. You will not be disappointed. As for mesa's 6-10 weeks. I ordered some stuff last week and their expected delivery time was 4-6 weeks as it was to be "made to order". I got the call today from UPS that it was being delivered today and someone has to be home to sign for it. you just never know...

I want to see that thing once you get it. I was lucky enough to pick up an ED head from a forum member that had ordered it in white with a white croc leather face.... this amp is KILLER!

You mean this one? If so I wonder why he decided to sell it?
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37318&hilit=new+electradyne+white

JCastro said:
czarivan said:

You mean this one? If so I wonder why he decided to sell it?
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37318&hilit=new+electradyne+white

that would be the one. Not sure why he decided to sell... this baby does it all!

How was the Joe B show? He is friggin amazing. I also love his tone - he is a Marshall guy, right? Maybe someone should tell Joe about the Electra Dyne! If I were putting together my dream G3 tour it would be Joe B, Andy Timmons and Ty Tabor. Congrats again on your purchase. I am eating up my sick time still since I got the amp on Wednesday - I just can't stop playing it. Are you a gigging musician or is this just for home use?

kfinkel1966 said:
How was the Joe B show? He is friggin amazing. I also love his tone - he is a Marshall guy, right? Maybe someone should tell Joe about the Electra Dyne! If I were putting together my dream G3 tour it would be Joe B, Andy Timmons and Ty Tabor. Congrats again on your purchase. I am eating up my sick time still since I got the amp on Wednesday - I just can't stop playing it. Are you a gigging musician or is this just for home use?

Actually, the upcoming show in Charlotte is not until Oct 28, but I saw him in Greensboro back in April and he was fantastic. It was only a few weeks before he went to England to play the Royal Albert Hall, so the show was very similar. I purchased the RAH show on DVD. If you haven't seen it yet, do yourself a favor and buy it.

Joe's main amp is a Marshall Silver Jubilee but he uses 4 other heads along with it. Below is a list taken from Guitarist magazine.

LiveRig Recap
Four heads, two cabs, loud as hell itself...
When we met with Joe in February last
year, he showed us around his live rig. It
hasn't changed for 2009, except the amps
comprise a Marshall Silver Jubilee head
for the core tone. Then he adds different
mid-range flavours by switching in one of
four other amps: a Two Rock Custom
Reverb Signature, Category 5JB-lOO and
either a Van Weelden Twinkle Land or
Carol-Ann Joe B(not pictured).
The4 x12 cabinets are loaded with
Electro-Voice EVM12L 200-watt drivers,
and sit on Auralex isolation pads. with
plastic baffles for sound dispersion.

I love his tone. It is very balanced without piercing highs or rumbly lows.

I did see Robin Trower on Wednesday night. His tone was great. He uses two Marshall Vintage Modern heads. I still own a VM 2466 head, which is a very nice amp. I sold the 2266C combo to make room for the ED.

I no longer gig. I gave that up years ago and actually sold my gear, before my wife and I had kids. They are 16 and 17. I have only recently started playing again and buying new equipment. A friend is trying to talk me into playing lead in his blues band, but I haven't comitted to that.

I can't wait to get the ED. I am currently replacing the pups in all my guitars and they should sound awesome through the ED.

Latest posts

Back