Favorite Settings for the mighty ED

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

specialed

Reaction score
Mine is :
Master - 9:30
Presence - 2:30
Bass - 1:00
Mid - 1:30
Treb - 2:00
Volume - 3:00
Clean trim at unity. Gain trim normal and I use my guitar volume knob to clean up the gain a bit on the clean mode. I only do that if I need squeaky clean. I really love the tone of the clean mode at that gain level and full guitar volume. I've settled on the BB pre-amp as my gain box and I use it like Andy Timmons does. It sounds really cool on all the modes at these settings with my guitars and setups.
BB preamp
Volume - 2:00
Gain - 10:30
Treb - 12:00
Bass - 12:00
I have two EHX memory toys in the loop. It took some knob twisting for a few days to get them right but now it really is a cool tumbling, soft delay that really compliments a subtle reverb. I just can't get over how awesome it is to play through this amp. I can go from Classic VH to Paul Gilbert to Andy Timmons to Satch in the click of a footswitch or two. Dam I'm lovin life these days. I think I need to see a shrink.

Volume @ 2
Treble @ 1
Mid @ 2
Bass @ 9
Presence @ 1
Master set to situation

I'll change very very slightly depending on guitar but I have to say some ED owners have their bass set pretty high. For my ears 10 to 11 o clock is flippin plenty. For the most part I don't even touch the knobs on the amp. I have the reverb bypassed and have a few pedals running in front of the amp. I have not tried my delay through the loop but will soon.

Only cons and they are very minor and certainly just my opinion. I wish the lo mode wasn't as dark. Actually I probably play through this mode most often. What happens is my ear adjusts and when I switch back to either the clean or high they sound a tad too bright. It is slight and certainly more of on observation than a complaint. The other is the reverb in the high mode. To me the reverb makes this mode sound harsh and brittle. Only time I use the reverb is if I get tired of hearing a delay in the chain. So the ability to switch the reverb out of modes is extremely useful.

This amp is a gem though. I love the look, the tone and the options it offers. The amp does so much more than what it looks like it should......pretty cool!

teletalkin said:
Only cons and they are very minor and certainly just my opinion. I wish the lo mode wasn't as dark.

Agreed....it''s my only quibble with this otherwise great amp.

JAZZGEAR said:
teletalkin said:
Only cons and they are very minor and certainly just my opinion. I wish the lo mode wasn't as dark.

Agreed....it''s my only quibble with this otherwise great amp.

Oh....I love the darkness...esp. as I have said elsewhere in the forums with tele and strat bridge pickups...that makes the darkness sound so beautiful....

If Darth Vader was a guitar player...he'd love it...

So no one is having any problems with the shared EQ as far as getting the best tone in all three modes or playing out live with this amp?

It actually sounds like NO ONE is having ANY problems with this amp! I'm coming from the Mark V board where people are ripping each other's heads off over there. This Electra Dyne sounds like something I have to check out... SOON!

No problems here with mine, but I did find that I like having my MXR10band eq in the loop. I click it on to shape the tone a bit more on the vintage low. It also kinda turns into a mini boost/cut with the vintage high.
Overall... the ED is fantastic

Latest posts

Back