ED weight

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badjohnny

Reaction score
How much does the combo weight? Crazy heavy like the LSC or more like the Express 5:50?

Johnny

I also would like to know the dimensions and weight of a one twelve combo Electradyne. Can not find any info on the Mesa website, this amp seems like it would be a great hit for them if they promoted it half as much as the Mark V. Also is there any changes in the amp since it was first released? No good ,full pictures of the back control panel either on the Mesa site

JLBoogie said:
I also would like to know the dimensions and weight of a one twelve combo Electradyne. Can not find any info on the Mesa website, this amp seems like it would be a great hit for them if they promoted it half as much as the Mark V. Also is there any changes in the amp since it was first released? No good ,full pictures of the back control panel either on the Mesa site
The only change I'm aware allows better balancing of volume between channels ("clean level" upgrade?) E-D owners say it's critical to the amp. I guess Mesa thinks so too because will do the mod for free on the first-run units.

According to musicradar.com, the combo weight is 75 lbs. The dims are 26 1/2" W x 20 1/4" H x 11 5/8" D.

Dimensions (mm (w x h x d)):
675 x 515 x 295mm
Weight (kg) (kg):
Weight (lb) (lb):

http://www.musicradar.com/gear/all/amplification/instrument-amps/guitar-combo-amps/electra-dyne-221802/review

Here are specs on the head according to another review:

• Dimensions (HxWxD): 10.5" x 26.5" x 11.5"
• Weight: 48.1 lbs.

http://www.alpha-music.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=5259&IDCategory=11

Johnny

Saw a ED combo in the local GC the other day: didn't plug in but gave it a hoist to check the weight. ...it's every bit as heavy as the LSC & maybe more.

badjohnny said:
How much does the combo weight? Crazy heavy like the LSC or more like the Express 5:50?

Johnny

A heavy combo equals great tone. But this old man will probably need to get a head if I buy one. I wonder when the ED cabs will be available.

It is heavy, but it sure is easier to lug around than the Tremoverb combo I used to have. That thing was close to 100 lbs and was a real pain in the *** when my band used to have an upstairs rehearsal room!

Considerably lighter then the 2x12 Road King combo I traded in to get it.

But it is heavy as hell. I don't know how heavy the lonestar is, but I doubt the ED is lighter.

The fact that it comes with casters standard is a blessing.

I can’t speak for the combo but the head is heavy as all get out….I have not put it on a scale yet but I do know it weighs more than my 4X12 cab

What I can't figure out is why in the hell the ED combo is heavier then the Mark V combo.

Is the V using a spring reverb tank in it, or is it digital reverb? if it lacks the tank that could cut some weight....I dont know; i have never seen the Marks V's guts...

The 212 is a beast- but after playing the 212 combo for a bit- I think I will begin working out....sounds unbelievable...I will be A/Bing the 112 and 212 combos this afternoon- news to follow

Latest posts

Back