Electra Dyne Loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zeppelin

Reaction score
I'm thinking of getting the Electra Dyne and was curious about the loop. Is it series or parallel and does it color or suck the tone? While looking on the Mesa site it only says this about the loop, "FX Loop w/Automatic Hard-Bypass to completely remove when not in use". Any info from ED users would be great. Thanks

If you download the manual from the Mesa site and go to page 17 you will find a good deal of info about the loop. It is series. I had an Eventide Timefactor in the loop and it sounded like crap. Total tone coloring. That same unit sounded fabulous in the loop of my Stiletto. So, I was at my local guitar shop this weekend when they were unpacking a new shipment of the EHX memory toy analog delays. They were so cheap at $75.00 a piece I bought two of them and ran them into each other through the loop. It was heavenly sounding. So now I have a kick-*** reverb and a kick-*** delay that I can switch between. So in answer to your question, it is a very usable loop. You just have to let your ears be the judge. Hope this helps.

I downloaded the manual and it has a lot of info. Time to read...... Thanks

I use a digitech RP250 in the loop of mine and it works well. Haven't tried anything else. I would like to pick up a Carbon Copy Delay and just remove the RP250 all together.

I think I can work with the loop from the info I have learned, thanks to all. From all I read and the demos I hear I am really gassing for one however the one question I have is this thing giggable and is it truely three modes? Can I go from clean to crunch to high gain and not get caught in a volume EQ mess..... With the addition of the trim controls on the back it sounds like I hear yes and not sure the no's have the mod or not. Also I talked to Mesa Hollywood today and the heads they have have been modded at the store. Should I wait and get a factory mod or are the mods done at the store good to go?? I would perfer a head but I could really use a combo but don't want the weight of one, like 80 lbs. I think. Looks like I am leaning toward the head though. Thanks

I can only speak for myself. Mine is a factory head with all the mods done in production. I can gig easily with all three modes functioning as just three different gain levels. The clean sounds stellar regardless of the headroom so the clean trim works very well for me. My go to master volume is around 11:00 and that is pretty loud. It really sounds awesome with every speaker cab and combination I've tried it with. It seems this amp was designed for the C90 since that is whats in the combo but mine kicks with my recto 2X12. Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3VeWCFPF-Y

specialed said:
I can only speak for myself. Mine is a factory head with all the mods done in production. I can gig easily with all three modes functioning as just three different gain levels. The clean sounds stellar regardless of the headroom so the clean trim works very well for me. My go to master volume is around 11:00 and that is pretty loud. It really sounds awesome with every speaker cab and combination I've tried it with. It seems this amp was designed for the C90 since that is whats in the combo but mine kicks with my recto 2X12. Check this out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3VeWCFPF-Y

I've had both the head and the combo....IMHO, this amp sounds best with the V30s...though the combo sounds great with the C90. I did a quick speaker swap in the combo with a V30...and higly preferred the tone with the V30. However, do to the wattage limitation went back to the C90.

The Mesa Demo of this amp is through V30 loaded cabs...so YMMMV

Yeah, I definately prefer the well broken in V30's in my 2X12. I was thinking of adding another 2X12 if I can pick up one at a good deal.

I'll be running this into a Mesa traditional 4x12. Think I'm ready to pull the trigger. Thanks for all the info.

So anybody try any other delay pedals besides the Memory Toy and Eventide in the loop? The loop is optimized for rack style processors so it seems like it would be hit or miss with a pedal. I'd look at a rack delay except they're too pricey, plus I like the simplicity of a pedal. (Goes along with the simplicity of the amp).

ziehmrd said:
So anybody try any other delay pedals besides the Memory Toy and Eventide in the loop? The loop is optimized for rack style processors so it seems like it would be hit or miss with a pedal. I'd look at a rack delay except they're too pricey, plus I like the simplicity of a pedal. (Goes along with the simplicity of the amp).

I notice a big drop in tone when I run my Boss DD3 and DD6 in the loop and I'm thinking about trying something else but I'm don't know what yet. I've been eyeing the TC Electronics Nova System...

Yeh, I just noticed that TC Electronics has the Nova Repeater delay pedal that has line level inputs. Even though it's not an analog delay, it might just be the ticket for use in the loop.

I just got a Line 6 M13 Stomp Box Modeler (SIICK!) and I run the 4 Cable method...

With the M13 you can assign 1,2,3 or all 4 FX banks to run in front of or in it's loop so...

I run the 1st 2 banks of FX in FRONT of the amp (OD's and Filters) and run the last 2 banks into the ElectraDyne's Loop (From the M13's loop). The results are FREAKING INCREDIBLE!

4 those who are unfarmiliar with this methos it goes like this:

Guitar into M13 Input.
M13 Effects Loop INPUT to ElectraDyne LOOP OUTPUT
M13 Loop output into Front of ElectraDyne
M13 Main OUTPUT to ElectraDyne Loop INPUT.
line6M13.jpg

The Od's, distortions and Filters (Wah, Synths, etc) of the M13 sound GREAT in front of the amp and the Delays and reverbs really come to life running through the ED's Effects Loop.
TONAL BLISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!
I cannot say anough about the M13. I sold ALL of my pedals and pedalboard and don't miss them one bit now that I have the Line 6 M13!

Here's a guy using this method for his M13 and his Road King:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWd76YuCf1c

I have demo'ed many things in the loop- and as long as the gear is of decent quality, you shouldn't have any problems. I am puzzled that someone thought the Eventide colored the tone of the ED- I have had exact opposite results, but there are several parameters within the timefactor that could have resulted in audio inconsistency.
My next plan is to buy another Modfactor to add to my Timefactor......the ED kicks...

I notice a big drop in tone when I run my Boss DD3 and DD6 in the loop and I'm thinking about trying something else but I'm don't know what yet. I've been eyeing the TC Electronics Nova System...[/quote]
Just a quick heads up. AMS RMC etc are selling these for $459. They are doing a 4 day sale or something. Just ordered it tonight. Cannot wait to try it with the Electra Dyne

Latest posts

Back