Kevin Eubanks using ED on JAY LENO!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lamadalton

Reaction score
So Kevin ditched his Roadster for the ED...somebody with a dvr post his settings...all I saw was a blue light for lo gain...

I was just about to post this as well. I've always loved his overdriven lead tone. Its actually one of my favorites. I really wish I could hear him play like he does in the show intro for an extended period. All the stuff of his that I've been able to find has been very smooth jazzish and there's been some good hard bop in there too, but no raucous screaming bluesy stuff :(

Watching the other night it kind of looked like an express to me. Wish I had caught it tonight.

Just watched a bit of last nights show on the net with Pee Wee and it looks like he's toting a Blue Angel.

Scary said:
Just watched a bit of last nights show on the net with Pee Wee and it looks like he's toting a Blue Angel.

Tonight it was an Electra Dyne for sure...caught the whole front panel and read the logo...ED fo sho...

lamadalton said:
Scary said:

Tonight it was an Electra Dyne for sure...caught the whole front panel and read the logo...ED fo sho...

Awesome, the old tone fit the bill.. but it'll be cool hearing the Electradyne in action.

So I guess Eubanks uses a lot of mesa amps ringer the same sorts of sounds. He always sounds like himself. I remember seeing him I an f50 on tv a few times.

lamadalton said:
Scary said:

Wow, I saw him use an Express and Blue Angel last week, but haven't watched this week any. I'll have to watch tonight though to hear the ED!

I was 99% sure that he uses a Blue Angel 1x12 combo with an 8 ohm HotPlate (purple) on top, but I will watch tonight to confirm that. I'm very familiar with both the 'angel and the 'dyne as I've owned/own them both.

I turned the Leno show on a couple of nights ago, probably about 1/2 way through the show. I just had it on but wasn't paying much attention to it since I had some other things going on. Coming out of a commercial or something, Kevin's guitar tone caught my attention. I thought, wow, sounds like there’s something different going on with his sound. Kind of slipped my mind though until I read this post yesterday. Started thinking maybe that's why he sounded different to me.

Last night I watched the show to listen to him and see if I still thought he sounded different, and try to see what anp he's using. During the intro music there was a clear shot of his amp and it was an ED for sure. I've always thought he sounded really good, with great tone, but wow, to me, that's the best tone I've ever heard from him. Sounds warmer, thicker, creamier, richer, etc to me. Still his strong/bold sound, but with more and better tone, pretty unbelievable! To my ears the ED makes a big, very noticeable difference in his sound/tone. Now I can better understand why you guys that already have these are so excited with this amp! I have a head on order, but now I’m wanting to buy anything, (a combo or head) in stock somewhere in the meantime, so I don't have to wait! Seems like these are turning out to be very special amps!

BluesRock said:
Last night I watched the show to listen to him and see if I still thought he sounded different, and try to see what anp he's using. During the intro music there was a clear shot of his amp and it was an ED for sure. I've always thought he sounded really good, with great tone, but wow, to me, that's the best tone I've ever heard from him. Sounds warmer, thicker, creamier, richer, etc to me. Still his strong/bold sound, but with more and better tone, pretty unbelievable! To my ears the ED makes a big, very noticeable difference in his sound/tone. Now I can better understand why you guys that already have these are so excited with this amp! I have a head on order, but now I’m wanting to buy anything, (a combo or head) in stock somewhere in the meantime, so I don't have to wait! Seems like these are turning out to be very special amps!

I agree! Just watched tonight's show to catch a glimpse and it's the best tone he's had this season!

formisano said:
I was 99% sure that he uses a Blue Angel 1x12 combo with an 8 ohm HotPlate (purple) on top, but I will watch tonight to confirm that. I'm very familiar with both the 'angel and the 'dyne as I've owned/own them both.

I stand corrected. Eubanks has switched from a Blue Angel to an Electradyne. Cool!

formisano said:
formisano said:

I stand corrected. Eubanks has switched from a Blue Angel to an Electradyne. Cool!

He used an express and blue angel all last week. Just this week about mid-week he started using the ED.

It's really ashamed that these amps cannot be used for live situations due to their 'shared' controls... ;)

(Sorry, I saw someone hating on this in another thread citing how they could npt be used live...)

Viva La Dyne!

I listened to the intros back to back. The Pee Wee night was his last night with the Blue angel and you can hear him double picking notes for sustain.

With the Electra*Dyne, he just hangs on and gets nice feedback.

I've got GAS!

Latest posts

Back