lead using an ED?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badjohnny

Reaction score
What are you guys using when you need to take a lead? Just a pedal in front or in the loop? BB? Or are you using one of the modes for that? Sounds like an amazing amp, just wondering the control when you need to step out in front of the band.

Johnny

I'm using a Keeley Tube Screamer in front of the amp and it seems to be working quite well. Lots of sustain and just enough bite to stand out for solos.

I've been running the volume at 3:00, using "Vintage LO" for rhythm tones and "Vintage HI" for leads (no pedals). It's just enough gain to be easy-to-play but not so much gain that solos are over-compressed.

--B

Just ordered a Butah and Signa drive to add options to the mix. I've used a super duper 2 in 1 as a boost to beat the tubes, and that works well. Pretty much anything to add a little ooomph to the signal seems to put it over the top. Used a helios, BU-EQ, COT, eternity and a bunch of other stuff to do the same thing...add a little volume and thickness.

Picked up a proco SOLO pedal the other day. How easy is that? You need to take a solo...stomp on the SOLO button! Not a bad pedal so far, ED is at the practice space though, but it likes the elmwood, which is more finicky.

Back