Installed a fan for the my ED

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primal

Reaction score
:mrgreen:

Ok, maybe installed isn't the right word.

But this bugger gets hot without it.

This is just a 5$ walmart fan, and it works awesome. The front panel is barely warm when I use this.
Fan.jpg

WHY did they not incorporate a fan into the ED?

I plan on getting one of these amps but THAT scares me!

creekhed said:
WHY did they not incorporate a fan into the ED?

I plan on getting one of these amps but THAT scares me!

My Tremoverb Combo ran hot too so I got in the habit of using a fan, and now that I got an ED combo...same thing! I stopped using the fan when I had the Bogner 'cuz it never really got too hot but I'm glad I kept that little thing around to cool off the ED. It shouldn't ever cause any problems but it makes me feel better knowing the fan keeps it somewhat cooler! Buy an ED, buy a fan, and then play the hell out of it.

My head has not produced enough heat that I would consider using a fan. Even after 3 or 4 hour jam session it gets fairly warm but not enough that I am worried I needed to run a fan… That being said I do like a fan for after play is over to speed up cooling before I put my cover back on the head. I think this head is vented pretty well compared to amps I have had in the past, and know it runs way cooler than my Marshalls did…I can’t speak for the combo as I don’t have one. I can imagine it runs hotter than a head version due to how it is configured. I do know one thing and that is after 30 to 45 minutes after it warms up it just seems to sound that much better the tone gets richer IMO..

Cheers
Bill

Laskyman said:
oh yes, a fan is easily my next investment.....this amp gets very, very hot.....but boy does that heat translate some amazing tone!

+1 on everything you said Laskyman.

Back