Any ED owners not setting volume at 3:00?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lamadalton

Reaction score
Seems like most users at 3:00 on the volume on the ED.
Am I wrong?
I think it's Perfect there...anyone disagree?

As long as the Gain Trim switch is set to Clean, then Yes.

Otherwise there would be too much gain on the clean channel at 3:00.

I keep changing it around. Usually between 2 and 4, though I pushed it up to around noon and hit it with a boost pedal and I liked that too. Can't decide if I want to use pedals or not. I have a ton, but I really dont need them.

Modes, modes, modes....not channels....Errr... kick the bad habit folks...this is a one channel amp, eh? :mrgreen:

boogieboy said:
I keep changing it around. Usually between 2 and 4, though I pushed it up to around noon and hit it with a boost pedal and I liked that too. Can't decide if I want to use pedals or not. I have a ton, but I really dont need them.

+1, right there with ya :wink:

Man, at this point in time I have determined that I can install a slot machine arm on the side of this thing to randomly scramble the tone knobs and it will sound good no matter where it lands! :

Anyone else out ther thinking that these things don't have bad sounds anywhere in them?

To answer the OP's question - I like the vol around 2:00ish.

+ 1 to the any settings sounds cool. Noon on everything gets me to where I was trying to get with my last amp.

Jmango said:
Man, at this point in time I have determined that I can install a slot machine arm on the side of this thing to randomly scramble the tone knobs and it will sound good no matter where it lands! :

Absolutely!

I agree it sounds good no matter where the controls are...

I ended up at 3:00, with a strat and tele...no humbuckers through it yet...

What guitars are you guys using, and at what settings...3:00 on the bridge pickup of a strat or tele is awesome...never heard these guitars sound so good on the bridge pickup.

I have a strat getting some fretwork done with a humbucker in the bridge and a hot rails bridge pup in the neck that I cant wait to hear through this amp...

lamadalton said:
I agree it sounds good no matter where the controls are...

I ended up at 3:00, with a strat and tele...no humbuckers through it yet...

What guitars are you guys using, and at what settings...3:00 on the bridge pickup of a strat or tele is awesome...never heard these guitars sound so good on the bridge pickup.

I have a strat getting some fretwork done with a humbucker in the bridge and a hot rails bridge pup in the neck that I cant wait to hear through this amp...

As my sig indicates, I am using a PRS McCarty - stock with no mods. I can honestly say that I have never been happier with an amp. I have owned no less than 15 amps and cabs over the last decade and not one of them was under 1k (not that cost matters that much - just making a point). Every amp was great for what it was. This one just does everything that has been in my head without a sound sacrifice or leaving me to feel that I needed another amp to get the "other" tone the amp couldn't pull of.

More than anything, it makes me want to play rather than tweak or read about other amps. :)

This thing is truly bad ***. :)

More than anything, it makes me want to play rather than tweak or read about other amps

This is the exact reason I want to buy- I played for at least 1/2 hour over lunch break- *didn't touch a knob*.....this thing drips tone like no other.

You guys are giving my checkbook a serious scare.

Anybody try a lone star and compare? In the market for a 1-12.

Laskyman: be a little bit careful on the ED. I got a serious case of GAS, played Stiletto/ED side by side and thought the ED far superior. Sold my Ace head, bought an ED head, and after a couple of weeks something just wasn't right. Of course this was when they first came out and they didn't have that gain switch in the back or those trim pots people are talking about to tweak it. But, the problem was I couldn't make it a 2 channel amp for live work. I like my clean/crunch/lead options. ED had greatest cleans ever, pretty darn good distortion but switching b/w the 2 for a live sound was virtually impossible for my tastes. And my pedals didn't seem to help much. So, sold the ED while I could return for full refund (the benefit of buying from Musicpower) and now have a Marshall DSL50. Not that the DSL50 is the greatest thing in the world, but serviceable for now and quite Ace-like. Tried a Trident in GC a few weeks later and thought to myself, now there's a fine sounding amp. Wanted to find a Shiva to try but they are nowhere to be found. Anyway, my 2 big issues with ED were the not getting switchable tones, and if an amp can be too articulate, I thought this one was. Maybe if I was a flawless player it would bother me less but I couldn't get over it. Maybe I'm just a Marshall/Stiletto type of guy based on the music I grew up with in the 70s/80s. You have to watch out for the sound you get in a store, in your basement, and with the band. They all seem so different.

Latest posts

Back