James/Kirk signal routing

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajb2z

Reaction score
Does anybody have an idea on how James and Kirk route their signal through their rigs. Specifically my question is around the use of the G Major. There was an image of Kirk's rig in Guitar World awhile ago and it looks like the signal goes through the G Major before it gets to the Triaxis or Rectifier based on using the GCX Switcher. Does anybody know it this is accurate? It seems odd to have the signal pass through the effects unit before the preamps.

In James' rig it's located in the effects loop of the Triaxis that's set to Mark IIC+ mode.

As for Kirk... it looks like it's being fed into the front end of his amps.
IDontLikeThem.jpg

I thought that James was just running th custom EQ in the loop of the Triaxis. It seemed (according to Montejays site) that the G Major was in a loop in the GCX switcher too. Just thought it was an odd set up to run the effects before the preamp. Anybody have their rig set up like that?

I've grown out of studying and trying to achieve dat Jaymz tone, but I still enjoy watching rigs like this because of the routing and engineering solutions they include. Great vid, thanks!

Latest posts

Back