Pix: Hetfield/Hammett live rigs at the Fillmore Dec 2011

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4nkam

Reaction score
Hey guys, here are James' and Kirk's rigs at the Fillmore. Also, here is a video with a bunch more photos from the show!

Kirk: The RM100KH was not used at all, it wasn't even on. the Dual Recto and Fortin Randall were the only ones being used. Everything else in his rig seemed the same.
382678_10150476759402372_515912371_8769512_1420326061_n.jpg

James: James' rig was the same as it has been for awhile. 2 sets of Triaxis, 1 for clean 1 for C+ tones along with the Studio preamp modded for EQ (2 channels), Diezel VH4 ch3, and pod pro hd for cleans.
392125_10150476740332372_515912371_8769388_642971973_n.jpg

Here are some more photos, too many to post so I made a video:
http://youtu.be/YJkLNpYzmq8

Holy crap Kirk must have cash to burn, him rolling with a Fortin Meathead and all :shock:

Nice pics. The Youtube vid had some great shots too.
I wonder what James is using the Line 6 Dist modeller unit for particularly ?

I spotted a quick glimpse of the Diezels on the video with the married couple playing Blackened, just as they go up the stairs on stage.

Thanks.

Jackie said:
Holy crap Kirk must have cash to burn, him rolling with a Fortin Meathead and all :shock:
No doubt he has the cash, but the amp is actually a Fortin Randall custom based on the Meathead. James is gonna get a Fortin Randall too. Kirk's been using this since big4 ny

Philhouse said:
Nice pics. The Youtube vid had some great shots too.
I wonder what James is using the Line 6 Dist modeller unit for particularly ?

I spotted a quick glimpse of the Diezels on the video with the married couple playing Blackened, just as they go up the stairs on stage.

Thanks.
not sure on the L6. On the unit, theres a label that says SAD but when ya listen to sad but true, there's not really anything that stands out as being different in tone. I know the Klon is used for the day that never comes. The L6 might just be another slight boost for some song/part.

Cheers for that info.

Yeah, I can't think of any parts in Sad that would require a new sound, maybe SAD means Seek And Destroy ?, and its code for an old RAT tone ? or St Anger Distortion ?... but then again maybe not :) :lol:

There's a pic of it here:
http://www.guitarnoize.com/mike-fortin-joining-forces-with-randall-amplifiers/

Latest posts

Back