Metallica Guitar Tone Part 1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:shock: lol, I think those videos are for absolute beginners only.. I mean, "you can get tone similar to metallica's using amp and and guitar"... wow genious ! He forgot to mention to buy iic+, mic it up with accurately, quadtrack your guitars, buy seperate eq's for your rack and etc... :lol:

That guy is right about a decent guitar and any high gain amp workng to play Metallic...

How many times have you heard a bar band with a cheap rig, guitar, but playing like hell on fire.... cover a good Metallica song. It's mainly in the playing, beer, and party vibe. Without being able to hear the real band live vs. the cover band, only a handfull of us tone freaks give a solid sh!t..... IMO Rock and Roll is something to be experienced with fists pumped. I am willing to bet Metallica still rocked the house back in the day when they had crap for gear.... Any 12 year old kid with some crappy guitar, POS amp, and a distortion pedal can cover the staple Metallica riffs. No doubt part of the reason they are so popular. That guy in the video is exactly right.

The setting he recommends on the amp are the secret to getting the Metallica sound with the Mesa Mark amps .... or any amp I guess ? Well maybe not ?

A lot of modern amps well get in the ball park. They have used a lot of different gear and sounds over the years. They did use old Marshall's with a TS9 for a lot of things over the years, Herbert .... etc.

The videos are good for learning the riffs. The amp setting are a bit silly. :D

Heritage Softail said:
Some would say being 49 and still having a good time playing metallica is silly.... :lol: :lol:

I do not think James is that old yet ? :D Actually I know he is the same age as me.

Well young beginners can always buy a Boss Metal zone and or Digitech latest stuff untill their ears hopefully develops to realize how crappy they sound.

Friedmett said:
Well young beginners can always buy a Boss Metal zone and or Digitech latest stuff untill their ears hopefully develops to realize how crappy they sound.

Dude...a JCM 800+ Mesa 4x12 Cab with Celetians + Boss Metal Zone (if you know how to EQ it) sounds amazing. That's what I roll with when I have to do international/Canada tours. Can't afford to have TSA and Border Security raging through my ****.

:lol: I gigged live for years with this combination. I combined Digitech and Mesa for years. My rack was simple. Old Digitech DSP 2101 Artist pre amp processor and Control One Midi Floor Pedal with Older Mesa 50/50 powering a full stack of Marshall cabinets. Everyone complimented how good my sound was. :lol: Now I'm out of control. I have too many options. I have small rack Mesa pre amp Studio with 50/50. Large rack Triaxis 2:90 and a bunch of $#!t. DC-10 Combo. And spares laying around. Life was much simpler then. :lol:

Heritage Softail said:
Some would say being 49 and still having a good time playing metallica is silly.... :lol: :lol:

Then those "some" would be pretty friggin' dumb, now wouldn't they?

Latest posts

Back