The Boogie Board

Discussion Forum for Mesa Boogie Products
It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:36 am 
Mark III

1 triaxis is for the clean and one is for the IIC+ and the two other are for backups then only one diezel is on and the other is backup

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 7:57 pm 
Mark III

Edited for off topic!

a) I have seen as many bands as I can. Current metallica live sound is by far the most pristine, clean, articulate live heavy guitar sound I have ever heard live. An untrained female friend of mine commented on that by saying that wow these guys sound better and clearer than other bands (reffering to the vocals) when the other instruments (of the other bands) don't play during breaks! (hetfield's voice shone that day). Having seen the nimes DVD in france 07/07 I have to say that it is by far one of the greatest sounds I like to hear from a live recording. I like it even better than the more youthful but overdistorted and harsher live sh!t binge and purge. Legendary (live sh!t and older gigs)? Sure. That was what the band sounded like then. You cannot expect them to perform the same vocals (which take down the whole tuning of the band if necessary) and they are not using the same gear anyway (not just amps/rigs but consoles, new iso chambers etc). The sound array they are using is incredible. It is easier to feel "part of the band and amps" in small clubs but when did you see metallica doing a small club gig nowadays (yes there are exceptions, secret gigs etc).

b) Two great clips.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_so ... ID=7328981

Here is the axe-fx clip. I have a/b ed it several times with the original. Not exact but really good job.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... dID=871937

Here is the master of puppets clip. Plug in is LePou Legion. Free and not based in any real amp. I really like this one.

Last edited by giorikas81 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:36 pm 
Donating Member

Shame they play like sh!t these days exepet jame s and rob. lars needs the sack and kirk we need a vote sack the bastards.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:57 pm 
Mark IV

Being a great rock and roll band is more than having guys that can do the latest gymnastics on their respective instruments. Take AC/DC for example.... No EVH or RR flash there, just solid rock and roll.

Metallica is still a great band. Feel free to upstage and outsell them and report back on how that works out. They have been great ambassadors for Mesa, getting the gospel of 'one' of the Mesa tones out there.

JP6, LP, SG, Anderson Pro-Am, Suhr, PRS, Strat, Tele, assorted victims of pentatonic hacking.

Gone - MKV, Single Rectifier, Rivera K-Tre

18 year chip.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:06 pm 
Donating Member

Cliff should have not died it should have been lars, cliff was the tech guy they would have kicked ass today, i dont want to beat metallica, i want sex and drug
s.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 2:17 pm 
Mark III

Dude whatever it is still kinda harsh to even wish somebody else died in someone else's place. Life is so much more than music. You don't even know "Lars" as a person or "cliff" or whatever they were then or now...

Plus playing styles shape whole bands.

People bang on hammett for being sloppy or loosing notes, I saw him live twice and he never did any of that. (Of course there are several clips that he does...he's just a guy they play fast and everybody does mistakes...Vai does, petrucci certainly does for example). You always know it is him.

Same for ulrich. He is not THE metronomic drummer but has his own sound. There is a battery live clip with lombardo. Was it flawless? Yes. Was it fast? Yes. Was it metallica. No certainly not. The playing style was just...off. Lombardo should match the song but he did played like himself, he was staccato, precise but the sound was "smaller, tighter" and the sond seemed more empty. Not worse or better, different, not metallica. Same with joey joordinson on enter sandman.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:46 pm 
Mark III

Post edited , off-topic.

Last edited by guitarmaster on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:22 pm, edited 7 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:36 pm 
Dual Recto

Oh my god. I thought we were past the "Delta Labs vs. Eventide" arguments. Go to the Off Topic pages to bitch abought this sh!t!
Anyway, James's sound rules.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:38 pm 
Mark III

ryjan wrote:
Oh my god. I thought we were past the "Delta Labs vs. Eventide" arguments. Go to the Off Topic pages to bitch abought this sh!t!
Anyway, James's sound rules.

I apologize man.

Last edited by guitarmaster on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:51 am 
Mark III

Edited off topic.

Last edited by giorikas81 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:23 am 
Mark III

post edited, off-topic .

Last edited by guitarmaster on Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:54 am 
Dual Recto

Once again, Off Topic is were this crap belongs. The annoying back and forth childish argument has no bearing on "Hetfield's Current Rig" thread.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:56 am 
Mark III

ryjan wrote:
Once again, Off Topic is were this crap belongs. The annoying back and forth childish argument has no bearing on "Hetfield's Current Rig" thread.

I apologize again with you, you're right.

Last edited by guitarmaster on Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:27 am 
Mark III

Edited off topic

Last edited by giorikas81 on Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:31 am 
Mark III

Edited off topic

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next