JP’s tones on Distance Over Time

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petruccirocks02

Reaction score
What is the consensus for JP’s tones on the new album? I think the JP2C sounds absolutely killer and some of my favorite tones are the lead parts in ‘Out of Reach’, ‘Barstool Warrior’, and ‘S2N’. ‘Untethered Angel’ is amazing as well. I’d like to see JP go back to the Mark IV’s for the next album I think.

His live JP2C tone absolutely slayed in concert. That’s definitely the next amp on my want list!

I love the leads. I've preferred rhythms on older albums. I don't necessarily think this is due to the amp, I think its more a combination of production, general change in settings over time and I'm also not huge on the baritone.

The push presence on the JP2c is definitely a winner for the lead tone, that's for sure.

Really like his Distance Over Time tones. Especially on "Fall Into the Light", my favorite track on the album. On The Astonishing release, for instance, I thought his rhythm guitar parts were too pushed in the mids. Felt a little unnatural. But my ears can get used to a lot over the course of two discs :p

Back