Simulclass Importance

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JMMP

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a Quad preamp, a 290 poweramp (for now) and a roadster. I am digging the tones from the quad into the roadster, so much in fact that it has pushed me over the edge to sell my 290. Drilling down to the bedrock of my question, in your opinion, how important is Simulclass to JP's sound?

I know he has used rectos exclusively before, as well as 2c+ preamps into 2:100 poweamps (similar to my quad -> roadster setup), but I am unsure of my decision to sell the simulclass power section.

I am posting this at the JP forum too.

I like the sound of it, but also like the sound of the quad with Simul. They don't sound a ton different at the volumes I play at most of the time, but I am torn between having the option later on, or having the money to buy some effects or a 7 string.

Markedman said:
If you watch some of his videos he plays @ full power,
I remember him saying that. He says he likes for the amp to have everything it can.

I'd go for a 295. It's perfect for a Quad (or a Studio Preamp).
I'll eventually pick up a Quad, down the road.

Obviously this should be common knowledge now, but with all the JP-2C hype the info has come out that John's IIC+s are 100/60W non-SimulClass models, so I'd wager the SimulClass is not very important at all to his tone ;)

Latest posts

Back