Petrucci and IIC+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zodiac272

Reaction score
Anybody have any of his settings for his C+ tone? I'm guessing his are simul. There is only one page of JP threads and I didn't see this

thanks

scott

Well, he has used several different settings through the years. I used to have some pictures of his old rigs (FII, SFAM, SDOIT), but they dissapeared when my harddrive crashed died some time ago.

I did write some of them down, so it´s something like this:

Vol - 7-8
Tre - 7-7.5 pulled
Bass - 2-3
Mid - 3-5
Mstr - 2-3 pulled
LDr - 7.5-8
LM - 3-4
Pres -3-4

EQ ex 1:
80 - slightly higher than halway between mid and top line
240 - just above mid line
750 - slightly above low line
2200 - slightly higher than 240 slider
6600 - just above mid line

EQ ex 2:
80 - slightly under top line
240 -just above mid line
750 - just above low line (bottom touching the line)
2200 - just above mid line
6600 - just slightly higher than 2200

EQ ex 3:
80- just below top line
240- slightly lower than halfway between mid and top line
750- on low line
2200- slightly higher than midway between mid and top line
6600- about halfway between mid and top line (slightly lower than the 2200 slider)

Sfam rig IIC+:
vol- 8
tre- 6 pulled
Bass- 2
Mid- 4
Mast- 2.5 pulled
LDr- slightly more than 8
LM- 3.5
Pres- ?
EQ:
80- just under halfway between mid and top line
240- just above mid line
750- slightly above low line
2200- just under mid line
6600- mid line

Do a search on the net there are alot of pictures floating around.

Anyway, I hope this helps.

ok great thank you!

and to get a start on his lead tone, something like a delay/reverb?

thanks again

scott

JP doesn´t really use a lot of reverb. He uses it for specific songs, like the intro to Trial of tears. But he uses delay a lot. Mainly from his TC M3000 these days. Earlier he used TC 2290 and Lexicon PCM´s.

His main lead delay is a stereo delay (since he´s always playing in stereo live), with different lengths. Like 500ms on one side and 250ms on the other. For slower solos he uses a bit longer delays, like 600/300. This doesn´t quite work in mono, the delay get´s too cluttered.

I would set the delay to about 500, with the feedback pretty low (about 3 repeats) and play with the fx level a bit to get close.

Check out these videos from his Systematic Chaos tour rig. He explains in good detail what he uses and how:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot-zal0DAu4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQEG1HqCrnE

Lotsa chorus in the cleans, some in the leads as well ( mixed with the delay ). Makes it sound pretty huge.

Bullen said:
Well, he has used several different settings through the years. I used to have some pictures of his old rigs (FII, SFAM, SDOIT), but they dissapeared when my harddrive crashed died some time ago.

I did write some of them down, so it´s something like this:

Vol - 7-8
Tre - 7-7.5 pulled
Bass - 2-3
Mid - 3-5
Mstr - 2-3 pulled
LDr - 7.5-8
LM - 3-4
Pres -3-4

EQ ex 1:
80 - slightly higher than halway between mid and top line
240 - just above mid line
750 - slightly above low line
2200 - slightly higher than 240 slider
6600 - just above mid line

Funny, even though I'm not really a Petrucci fan; my settings on my III's are almost spot on to these. I use a bit more mids ( 7 ) so it makes a nice bite and cuts through real nice. Lead Master 'pulled' as well. It sings and soars beautifully.

I do have to admit, I picked up the I&W album when it first came out and anything I've heard from them since just can't beat that album. The tones as well!

Latest posts

Back