My attempt....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmassy

Reaction score
Best of Times solo, central part is a bit "improvised", but you got the idea of the sound...
http://www.theicon.org/audio/BOT.mp3

what are your settings for that sound?
i listened to the "tusc"mp3 as well. very nice playing and great sound!

+1. I would love to see some settings myself. Assuming this is the same amp as your Count of Tuscanny clip, some very un-recto like tone. I have been using DRs and TRs for the better part of a decade, and while I have found some excellent lead tones in both red and orange channels, I've never found that tone. Closest I have come is ch2 Raw with the gain well up, boosted with an EQ pedal and a "D-style" overdrive.

Thanks for commenting...
The settings are the same as the "Tuscany" clip:

Orange channel
Vintage mode
Gain Full
Bass 4
Mid 5
Treble 5
Presence almost off
Bold
Solid State Rectifier

but in this clip I've used a BOSS BD2 blues overdrive as a boost (tone at zero, gain a 3 and level almost at middle).
I've got original 12AX7 mesa tubes in V1 and V2 and in the other positions I've got JJ's ECC83s.
The head is modified for having adjustable bias, but the power tubes are very old now and they're not pumped up in any way.
I'd say that you should be able to obtain this kind of sound also with a "standard" amp.

lmassy said:
...The settings are...

...blues overdrive as a boost...

Nothing outlandish or even unusual there. There is more to the "Tone is in the hands" argument than many folks believe. At any rate, whether its the rig, the guitar, or just your fingers, it sounds good and that's really all that matters.

Latest posts

Back