crunch tone on score

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mejoshee

Reaction score
i really love the live crunch tones jp gets on score. it's definitely a huge sounding rhythm tone. anyone know what sorts of fx jp's using? pretty obvious in pretty much every song, but especially in "another won", "afterlife", the verse portions of "root of all evil", etc.

i'm thinking phaser and chorus, or is it phaser and flanger? or just flanger? i keep trying to dial it in on my fx, but it never quite gets there. it's driving me crazy!!! :evil: oh and it's a stereo rig, so of course it's got the panning thing going on.

i know it's not straight up chorus. even high-fi, sterile digital chorus usually doesn't sound that metallic, but there's more modulation than warble, so i'm not sure if he got it with a flanger. and of course it's got a sweeping sound to it. any ideas people?

i'm trying to apply it to my mark v ch3.

I've been wondering about this too ever since Score came out. I thought it was some kind of chorus, but maybe it's just the tone of the amp. He had a big EQ unit in his rack, maybe that had something to do with it. He also used a Mark IIC+ with a Recto poweramp if I'm not mistaken. It's usually easy to tell what he's doing as far as amp choice because he usually goes pretty dry, but his Score tone is a mystery.

Latest posts

Back