Warning: Do not order Liquifire/Crunch Lab from GC

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Erotomaniac1928

Reaction score
I'm being told my order wont be in stock until 11/20 (this doesnt include shipping time to my location) when I placed the order on 11/3. I ordered off their webiste because the date they were to be in stock was 10/30. After 3 days of my order status not being updated beyond "Approved Order", I contacted customer service. Recieved an automated response telling me of the 11/20 in stock date. Guess I shouldnt be surprised, it is Guitar Center...

ive had bad service with them recently too, i ordered a double bass pedal, said it shipped, and for a month it was gone, and then a few weeks later they said it was gone from their stock, and then i got it a few days later... :lol:

Finally got the pups in the mail yesterday. Gonna my guitar take it into a luthier/tech and have them put in, along with a few other things. Ill let you know how it sounds when I get the guitar back!

I have 2 pairs of these pickups. One set is in a guitar I bought with them in it, an Ernie Ball Musicman JPX, the other pair I installed, in a EBMM JP6.

These pickups work very well together. The LiquiFire is smooth, harmonic and singing in the neck position. Not too hot and very articulate. The CrunchLab has a little more mid tone emphasis over the D-Sonic I replaced it with. Responds very well as a Clean or Driven rhythm tone PU, while sounding good by backing the tone or volume controls of the guitar.

I originally ordered my DR from GC because the nearest non gc mesa dealer was over 2hrs away. they told me 2 weeks backorder, no biggie. after 2 waiting 2 months they still had no idea when it would be in. i canceled my order and drove 2 hours to a mom and pop dealer. they didn't have the DR but thankfully i was introduced to the Roadster.

I also ordered a new bass for my wife that they said was in stock at their warehouse, 6 weeks later, i canceled and got it from amr. i hate GC

Hello!

I have the DiMarzio CrunchLab and LiquFire in 2 guitars and they really rocks!
Other combinations I have in my guitars is:

Seymour Duncan JBJ bridge, '59 neck.
DiMarzio Evolution both bridge and neck.
DiMarzio SH-5 bridge, DiMarzio Pearly Gates neck.
Bill Lawrence XL-500 bridge, DiMarzio '59 neck.

They all sounds great and have different sounds, but the CrunchLab/LiquFire beats them.

2B

Back