Dream Theater rules

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DudewithFr0

Reaction score
ive already heard everything except for the best of times. the count of tuscany...EPIC!!!

My inner fanboy is crying because I refuse to listen to anything until the album comes out.

73h Nils said:
My inner fanboy is crying because I refuse to listen to anything until the album comes out.
Thats how i was like for a while until my friend made me listen to it...now im hooked and ill know most of the words so i can sing along in concert when they hit Atlanta. :lol:

Meh, I'll definitely know the words by the time they get to Toronto, anyway :p

2 months = 200 listens or so :p

i ordered the 3 cd version... im just gonna listen to the instrumental versions over and over again... while all you are singing along im going to be air guitaring it note for note! ha!

dmcguitar said:
i ordered the 3 cd version... im just gonna listen to the instrumental versions over and over again... while all you are singing along im going to be air guitaring it note for note! ha!

Petrucci plays some killer lead parts on this album (as usual)...

So i finally listened to The Best of Times and its great. Its probably one of my favs on the album

I havent heard it at all yet so do I win something if I wait?

Do they do a "recording process" DVD for this album? Those are the best.

lerxst88 said:
I havent heard it at all yet so do I win something if I wait?

Do they do a "recording process" DVD for this album? Those are the best.

I'm curious about what the DVD in the box set will be too. It wasn't explained in the video where MP is talking about the box set.

I listened to the whole album on youtube, too. I kept what integrity I had left by refusing to download the songs. Ill get the special edition and really be prepared to hear it at its sonic amazingness. Youtube quality sucks, haha.

Erotomaniac1928 said:
I listened to the whole album on youtube, too. I kept what integrity I had left by refusing to download the songs. Ill get the special edition and really be prepared to hear it at its sonic amazingness. Youtube quality sucks, haha.

Oh, i'll be buying the album as well! I just couldn't wait any longer... the suspense was killing me. I really really like JP's tone on this album. His heavy rhythms are brutal and his solos are very creative. It seems he was more inspired by something on this one. I'm actually wanting to learn some of these solos which usually I don't even think about attempting! The rhythm he plays in the second verse of Rite of Passage is killer. Anyone seen a tab for this song yet? I figured out the main riff. I was playing it in drop D - not sure if that's what he's using, but it sounds pretty spot on to me...

MusicManJP6 said:
Erotomaniac1928 said:

Oh, i'll be buying the album as well! I just couldn't wait any longer... the suspense was killing me. I really really like JP's tone on this album. His heavy rhythms are brutal and his solos are very creative. It seems he was more inspired by something on this one. I'm actually wanting to learn some of these solos which usually I don't even think about attempting! The rhythm he plays in the second verse of Rite of Passage is killer. Anyone seen a tab for this song yet? I figured out the main riff. I was playing it in drop D - not sure if that's what he's using, but it sounds pretty spot on to me...

yeah it is in drop d, i figured it out too.

I also figured out one of the main riffs to A Nightmare to Remember, break out your 7 string!

Heres the notes for the riff:
C C D Eb F# Eb D C repeat

MusicManJP6 said:
Erotomaniac1928 said:

Yeah i know what you mean about that second verse riff. Its killer. I was telling my bandmates that we need riffs like that behind vocals :lol:

They've lost themselves completely if you compare them to earlier albums. They play more power metal and badly structured ballads now, and I certainly know a lot of better bands to top the hierarchy.

Back