Petrucci Rhythm and (most importanly) Lead tone on BossGT-10

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PetrucciJohn

Reaction score
Hello this is my first post and I would like to ask if there's a way to adjust some settings in my Boss Gt-10 to get as close to petrucci's tone as possible..( I know I'm not him, but with the right settings i think i can get somewhat close to his tone). I'm a newbie in terms of settings. My gear is :

Guitar: Ibanez RG2550Z
Amp: Marshall MG50DFX and of course the Boss GT-10 pedal

Any help will be appreciated!! :)

The GT-10 should have some boogie preamp models available. Choose one and run the unit through the effects return of your MG50DFX so that you bypass the Marshall's preamp and only use the power section(which should not color the tone from the GT-10 since it is a solid state amp). You'll have to plug in to the GT-10 input of course for this to work. Be careful though! Your amp's volume controls will become inactive! Adjust the volume with the output level on the back of the GT-10. Try that and see how close you get. Don't forget to add some delay!!

First thing i would do is get rid of that Marshall, the MG series imo sound horrible no matter what.

The roland cube's rectifier model isnt that half bad actually

Back