Scenes from a memory sound on a mark iv?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebby123

Reaction score
Anyone have any suggestions i love the tone on that album im running a mark iv through a recto 4x12 with a gibson les paul...With a bb preamp and and eventide time factor for delay...

I dont have any suggestions....sorry

but I dont blame you for trying to find that sound.....the tone from that cd may be one of the top five ever recorded.

try this settings:

send1hg9.jpg

and tweek it till you like it. ;)

for normal and faster solos use a delay with 3-5 times repeating and a tempo around 250ms and 500ms, for slower solos around 350ms + 700 ms (if you can use it in stereo).
some light detune is always cool to make it the rhythm sound bigger.

Hmm I have similar graphic eq to the bottom one im getting a pretty good sound but i think alot of his tone comes from his guitar of course aside from his fingers.
Im playing a paul so i will soon own a jp6 due to it being the only super strat that i like for that price range i dont feel like dishing out for a suhr right now :)

I usually can get pretty close to the SFAM tone with my Mark IV; however, I'm using Dimarzio-equipped basswood guitars. The Gibson pickups have a very different voicing.

Sebby123 said:
Anyone have any suggestions i love the tone on that album im running a mark iv through a recto 4x12 with a gibson les paul...With a bb preamp and and eventide time factor for delay...

If i were you i would try to nail tones from IaW IMO Petruccis best to ne ever only Awake comes close but honestly thats why i love DT.

Latest posts

Back