Noise with brand new Mark Five 25 Combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romad_20

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've been a lurker on here for a while since I bought my full sized V90. Never had any issues, but have appreciated the amount of knowledge here to use. Thought it might be worth a shot to have someone here help me diagnosis an issue while I wait on a reply from Boogie.

This past week I bought a new V 25 combo from Humbucker music. I've been wanting one for years and finally pulled the plug. I love the amp, the tones everything but it's got a very weird, but noticeable noise(rattle/ buzz) on higher gain and sustained notes. It sounded like a mechanical rattle, but I took everything apart and the only thing that makes any noise when tapped is the smaller silver output transformer(?). I do not believe that is what's making the noise, as I can reproduce it through a 4x12 and the 1x10 extension speaker, as well. It may be a tube, but they all sounded fine when I tapped on those. Here's a link to the noise. It's probably best heard through earphones, and toward the end of the clip you can hear the noise more clearly when I raise and lower the guitar vol. on the sustained E chord.

https://soundcloud.com/user-9378568...d&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

Any help or direction would be super appreciated. I just got this thing and would hate to have to wait and send it off after waiting so long to get it!

Thank you!

Did you try it in another room/location? Sometimes a rattle can be from an entertainment center or other furniture, but you would swear in a court of law that it was coming from your amp or speaker when it really isn't

Latest posts

Back