Sound out of head!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlapalme

Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased recently a Torpedo Live in order to do some silent recording.
I also purchased the unit in order to get power clipping in a house setting.
However, for the first time, I noticed that even without a cab, my mark V:35 head makes sound when I crank out the master volume "as if" there was a mini speaker in the head. Is this normal ? If yes, can somebody explain why ?

Cheers,

James

What I think your hearing is the fan running inside your amp head. All MkV's have a small fan inside of them for cooling. On the MkV:35 and 25 they are always on. On the Mk V 90w there is a switch on the back to turn the fan off but it is recommended to always leave it on.

jlapalme said:
Hi,

I purchased recently a Torpedo Live in order to do some silent recording.
I also purchased the unit in order to get power clipping in a house setting.
However, for the first time, I noticed that even without a cab, my mark V:35 head makes sound when I crank out the master volume "as if" there was a mini speaker in the head. Is this normal ? If yes, can somebody explain why ?

Cheers,

James

Hi.

The output transformer produces some noises always when the amp is in use and in higher power levels :)

Cheers

Thanks for the replies

@MattxG908 and Eevil. I'm not hearing noise (yes there there is the fan), I'm hearing what I'm playing like if there was a cheap small speaker in the head.

@Mace. So the tubes can produce an audible reproduction of my sound when cranked ? If that good or bad ?

Cheers,

James

If you are using a Torpedo Live connected to your head and it is acting as a load without a cab connected, then YES...that is normal. It is what you will hear coming from the reactive load. I had this same sound when I had the Live unit as well. All good.

Latest posts

Back