Subtle compressor for V25 mode 2

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chalky336

Reaction score
Hi, I love my V25 amp to bits, so much that I’m selling my Kemper Stage, and the V25’s cleans really know me out...BUT, every now and then I feel I need a light addition of compression that doesn’t impose upon the tone or dynamic range too much. I have a compressor by Friedman but I find it’s rather unsubtle, it seems to go from zero to max when it’s only dialled at 15% ... does anyone actually USING a light compressor with the V25 Mode 2 (fat clean) channel have a recommendation ?
Thanks and regards

Well, not exactly.... I have the V90 and use an Xotic SP Compressor. I use the low setting, and have both the output and blend knobs at noon. That's subtle enough for my needs. I will even use it sometimes with the other channels as well. To me, it doesn't color the tone at all, and my dynamics are still very present.

I use a Keeley Workstation with my Mark 5 35 and it works well. I did have the Sp compressor a few years ago and it worked well with other amps although I never tried it with a Mesa Boogie

https://robertkeeley.com/product/tone-workstation

Latest posts

Back