Volume sweet spot - Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC42

Reaction score
Hey All,

It is documented in many forums that Boogies (and many high wattage amps) need to be cranked to bring out all the tones it has to offer. Where is the volume sweet spot in your opinions? Mainly talking channel 2 & 3.

I am unable to really open this amp up in my house but should be able to get my hands on a device (Torpedo Reload) this week and will use the attenuation feature to get a feel of an opened up Mark V.

Very curious as to what the results will be.

Dave

DC42 said:
Hey All,

It is documented in many forums that Boogies (and many high wattage amps) need to be cranked to bring out all the tones it has to offer. Where is the volume sweet spot in your opinions? Mainly talking channel 2 & 3.

I am unable to really open this amp up in my house but should be able to get my hands on a device (Torpedo Reload) this week and will use the attenuation feature to get a feel of an opened up Mark V.

Very curious as to what the results will be.

Dave

In my limited experience with the Mark V there’s a certain frequency in ch 2/crunch or edge that cannot be dialed out in home use. (Loud conversation level)

But then in live environment (silent band to atom bomb) the ch 2 starts to behave as it should be. Other channels are not so hard to tame in home :)

Sometimes I still miss the Mark V...

Thanks for the reply! I am hoping this attenuator feature (thought it may not be a 100% representation of an onstage loud Mark V) can get closer to that tone as opposed to keep the masters low. Shall see...

Hopefully I can borrow the device from a friend this week.

I like my channels anywhere from 12 to 2 o'clock while the master is set around 9, 10 o' clock max for the venues I play.
With that, I don't think I've ever had the need to go over 12 o' clock on the master.

Latest posts

Back