New Mark V 35

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Recently picked up a Mark V 35 head...I love this amp! I’ve been using single channel amp (mostly Dr Z) which I still have and enjoy. I just thought I would try out a Mesa and have used it for 2 gigs so far. I have a Mesa C90 in an Egnator cabinet- sounds good. Anyway, I’ve been reading through posts on this forum for tips and appreciate everyone’s advice.

Congrats on the new 35! Here's to many years of joy!( me taking a shot of Glenlivet 12 year scotch) :shock:

Congrats on the new 35! Here's to many years of joy!( me taking a shot of Glenlivet 12 year Single malt scotch) :shock:

Congrats on the new v 35. As I posted in another thread, I just picked one up as well. How are you finding the fan / general noise for low volume practice in a quiet room? Haven't owned a mesa or any tube amp for many years (had a mark iii head when I was gigging) - while not loud per say, I find the mark v 35 head's operating noise audible enough at lower volumes. I don't know how much it bothers me yet. I've just played around with it for a few hours after getting it set up yesterday.

Thanks all! I'm still experimenting with different settings, but I'm really enjoying the amp.

Re. Fan noise. The fan noise doesn't bother me, but since my other main amp (Dr z zlux) has a fan, I guess I'm somewhat used to it. I would imagine if you're trying to record at lower volumes and using a Mic -that could be a problem.

Latest posts

Back