Mark V:25 1x10 combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use to live 10 minutes from the Hollywood shop in the early 2000s got to try all the fun stuff.
It was a blessing and a curse...haha.

I would like to know what will be the difference between a 10 inch speaker and a 12 inch.

I bought one on Friday. Awesome amp! The sound is very rich and full. It sounds bigger than it is. It's the kind of amp that makes the guitar seem easir to play.
I tried it with my oversize Avatar 2x12 cab (31" x 21" x 15" deep) with a V30 and G12M and it sounded even better. The amp is small light enough that it can be used as a head when needed.
I've used it in the living room with headphones most of the weekend.

Sorry for being unclear. I bought the 1x10 combo.

49656506576_7c2a21c7c6_b.jpg

Compared to a Mojotone (slightly oversized) tweed Champ clone-
49656224436_442c6aaabc_b.jpg

Compared to a Princeton Reverb-
49661451598_84caff7df8_b.jpg

With headphones while "social distancing"-
49661457863_36c1608296_b.jpg

Picked a Mark V:25 1x10 combo on Wednesday. It's tiny but man it rips!! Love it!! Still can't believe how small and light it is!

Has anyone combined it with the 1x10 extension cab? If so, open or closed back? PS - I'm a metal guy.

I got one of the combos before this whole Covid mess. Killer little amp. I don’t think anything else out there comes close to its versatility and tone in the sub 25lbs range. It is planted in my living room currently and I have been happily tweaking around with it. I found adding a simple volume box in the loop made it much more manageable volume wise without sacrificing tone at all. It nestles nicely on top. The Extreme channel is pretty amazing. It can get a good clean sound, all the way up to chainsaw territory! So far I like Mark IV mode the beat on channel 2, but it might be because I find it the easiest to dial in. The best part for me is it is only 7” taller than the head, and you get the speaker in a grab’n’go package. I may add the 1x10 closed back cab to it for a mega-mini stack.

xvo2Pho.jpg

How is the background noise on this amp? I saw one locally in a shop with lots of overhead lights and it there was a lot of noise on crunch and channel 2. Pickups were humbuckers. Gain knob was noon or lower.

I snagged a used combo. The thing really rocks and is a Mark through and through.

Good idea on the volume pedal thing in the loop. I use a volume boost pedal in the loop for solo boost for gigs but didn't think to turn the volume pedal down for home playing.

No more noise than a Mark V:90.

Latest posts

Back