Switching Options for Mark V90?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchburns1

Reaction score
I am currently working on a midi controlled pedalboard centered around the RJM PBC10 and looking for the best way to go about switching amp channels from the PBC. I was going to run a 25 foot snake cable to my pedalboard with my FX loop, amp in, power, and ft switch. I originally planned on sending a midi out cable from the PBC to the midi input on the MarkV, but realized the MarkV had an 8pin for its foot switch and the PBC had 5pin output. I am fairly new to midi control and would not how to go about solving this. My other plan was to run a split TS and TR to TRS Y cable from the Ext switch input for channel 2 and 3 on the Amp into the TRS input of the PBC for foot switch 1/2. Although this is slightly less ideal for me since I would not be given access to the reverb, eq, fx loop, solo, and mute from the original, clunky foot switch (however I use those options very rarely-- if at all), the Y split cable seemed like it would be easier . Any recommendations on what would be the easiest/cheapest?

dutchburns1 said:
I am currently working on a midi controlled pedalboard centered around the RJM PBC10 and looking for the best way to go about switching amp channels from the PBC. I was going to run a 25 foot snake cable to my pedalboard with my FX loop, amp in, power, and ft switch. I originally planned on sending a midi out cable from the PBC to the midi input on the MarkV, but realized the MarkV had an 8pin for its foot switch and the PBC had 5pin output. I am fairly new to midi control and would not how to go about solving this. My other plan was to run a split TS and TR to TRS Y cable from the Ext switch input for channel 2 and 3 on the Amp into the TRS input of the PBC for foot switch 1/2. Although this is slightly less ideal for me since I would not be given access to the reverb, eq, fx loop, solo, and mute from the original, clunky foot switch (however I use those options very rarely-- if at all), the Y split cable seemed like it would be easier . Any recommendations on what would be the easiest/cheapest?
The MKV does NOT have MIDI control. That is a foot switch only jack.

You will need to use a MIDI control switcher and the 1/4” external trigger jacks for MIDI switching, and/or the RJM relays.

At one time RJM made the Amo Gizmo that required a custom cable to interface with the amp and substitute the foot pedal. I have one and am using it with my MKV:35. Works great. It can also control another amp with the 1/4" connectors. It has been discontinued, but you might try looking for a used one and then ask if RJM still has any cables to interface with the full size MKV, or a schematic to wire up your own.

here is a link to Sweetwater that still has a page up for it where you can see photos, but cannot order. good luck!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AmpGizmo--rjm-music-amp-gizmo

peace

Don’t the 4 external switching jacks on the PCB10 switch the Mark V channels? Are they relay switches? If so you should be able to I would’ve though. I was able to set this up on the V with the TC GMajor 2.

Back