Wow MV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NimrodNIN77

Reaction score
HOLY CRAPPPP!!!

I juts put new tubes on my mark v for the first time holy shitt!!
It sounds amzing

I got it like this

v1 Mesa spax.
V2 EH
V3 JJ
V4 JJ
V5 Genalex Gold pin
V6 EH 12AT7
V7 Mesa spax

Power tubes Mesa MV

Channel 1 has always sound good no matter what that why i love this amp

Channel 2 sound amzing and the three modes my favorits are edge and mark 1
Being mark one the best distortion i ever heard

Channel 3 has better response and i am still missing something mbut it operator error!
For sure this amp kick ***
I think the low end on this amp its makes him a titan , fattest tone i have seen on an amp and if you pair it with a TSL100 or 6100 Lm you jave the best of the two worlds!

thanks man

what tubes are you running right now or you favorites?

i see the you have a Schecter C-1 XXX i love that guitar and the girls ooolala

Every **** time I change my tubes, I always think that I should have done it earlier!!
New tubes always seem to give the amp new life.

for sure man but the thing its that the star going away from you day by day so you notice that until its to late !!!

what are your favorite tubes ?

NimrodNIN77 said:
for sure man but the thing its that the star going away from you day by day so you notice that until its to late !!!

what are your favorite tubes ?

I'm digging the Mesa 441's 6L6s for power tubes right now.
For pre-amp, I got a bunch of Mesa SPAXs with a Mullard (in V3, I think) and a Tung Sol (in V5) in there as well.
I'm like you with the pre-amp tubes, I'll roll a few around to hear what I like.
Since, I get reverb from my pedal board, I removed the reverb tank off my MV head so I can dig in there and swap 'em out easier...hehe.

Yeah the Schecter's a real nice guitar, plays beautifully and looks great too. Worth every penny and wasn't expensive anyway!

Tube Layout as follows;

V1 - Tungsol ax7
V2 - Mesa ax7
V3 - Sylvania ax7
V4 - Jan GE at7
V5 - Mesa ax7
V6 - Sylvania ax7
V7 - Jan GE at7

6l6GC power.

Gonna have to try out those 441's too. Lotta noise about em has me curious. Bank manager says "NO" for now though :cry:

Latest posts

Back