Sound loss across all three channels

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ckocher

Reaction score
Hello all. Fired up the V and I have sound loss across all three channels. Barely audible. Could it be power tubes? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I love this amp and nailed the tone I had in my head. Thank you.

Hi, I would check your tubes first. Namely power tubes, but also check on the different wattage settings too. Also preamp tubes, mainly v1. If none of those works to narrow it down it could be a Jfet issue similar to what I had and that's definitely a tech job to fix unless your a brain surgeon with a soldering iron!

Seconded. If its not the tubes, not the fuse, then its bite-the-big-one time: Tech servicing.

FYI I recently had a pre amp tube cause similar. I never could decide which tube was the culprit. I had started v4 because channel 2 sounded weak. then I ended up rolling several and thru that process had a loss across all three channels. eventually I must have changed the correct one because she sounds awesome again.. good luck.

Chassis removal time, then packing and addressing it, then a hopefully relatively short wait for repairs and merciful billing are in thine future for sure.

Hello all. I had to take the old girl to a tech. 200 miles. Diagnosed with a bad circuit. However, she is fixed and it sounds bad ***! Dude did a great job and I’m glad to be on her again.

Ckocher said:
Hello all. I had to take the old girl to a tech. 200 miles. Diagnosed with a bad circuit. However, she is fixed and it sounds bad ***! Dude did a great job and I’m glad to be on her again.

200 miles!!! Good to hear you got 'er fixed!!!
Could you let us know who you went to in case others have similar issues?
Good, solid techs are hard to find!!
Enjoy!!!!

The shop is Binghamtone In Binghamton, NY. I’m in CNY so 200 miles round trip. They are a Mesa authorized repair shop. They did outstanding!

Back