Mark V 90w Midboost

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Markageddon

Reaction score
Just wondering if such a mod could be devised:

To recreate the Mid/Boost feature from the V:25 and the V:35 on the V:90..?

Is anybody on that? Could Authorised Mesa Comment possibly..?

Thanks.

:D

I don't know...would that be something that was 'Patent Applied For'..?
Also from the way that that Ive heard it described it as tapered pot where above 12, thats where the effect of this patented device or feature kicks in.
This tallies with experience. Its a definite effect of an even frequencied gain boost above 12 o'clock.

I slaved my V:25 into the power section of the V:90 and it was amazingly huge. I couldn't stop playing channel 1 crunch on the 25. And IIC+ was super heavy too but with the fluid/immediate response. I had the 25's master up to about 11 o'clock, and with the Mid/boost dial in play on crunch mode.
It was amazing. Dunno if the loop was colouring the slaving-produced tone or not, but it felt like a little high was smoothened. If I can get that level of gain and heavy out of the 90's Crunch mode and even channel 3, I'll be well chuffed. This thing was like my Mark III red stripe with pull deep and treble etc activated.

I did this to a Princeton Reverb. In Fender amp with no mids pot you replace the 6.8k resistor on the bass pot with a 100k (or higher) pot. In amps with a 10k or 25k mids pot, just replace it with a 100k pot.

From 0-10k it's a regular Fender mids pot. Above 10k it begins to remove the tone stack from the circuit for a huge boost in gain. My PR could get really loud with this mod alone.

I'm not sure how Mesa could patent this. It's been done on amps for years. Allen amps calls it a "Raw" control.

Don said:
I did this to a Princeton Reverb. In Fender amp with no mids pot you replace the 6.8k resistor on the bass pot with a 100k (or higher) pot. In amps with a 10k or 25k mids pot, just replace it with a 100k pot.

From 0-10k it's a regular Fender mids pot. Above 10k it begins to remove the tone stack from the circuit for a huge boost in gain. My PR could get really loud with this mod alone.

I'm not sure how Mesa could patent this. It's been done on amps for years. Allen amps calls it a "Raw" control.

There is indeed a Patent Applied For...and works completely different than what you've described. Its not possible to add it to a Mark V, and more than a simple pot change. Thanks

Ah. Ok. Thanks for the clearup/clarification, AB. Appreciated...!

And well done for inventing it. Bloody marvellous stuff.

Authorized Boogie said:
Don said:

There is indeed a Patent Applied For...and works completely different than what you've described. Its not possible to add it to a Mark V, and more than a simple pot change. Thanks

Thanks for the clarification. It's good to know!

Latest posts

Back