external switching cables

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

primeholy

Reaction score
What type of cables do I need to use for external switching? i have an Axess Electronics CFX4, but am having trouble getting it to work. Im thinking about getting the voodoo lab control switcher. im using this with a Line 6 Helix LT.

Wayno said:
Hi, I use the voodoo lab and it works a charm. Standard 1/4" patch cables or guitar cables work fine.

Do you need anything else to get this to work? I'd assumed Helix into the voodoo via midi and then just the 1/4 jacks to the channels on the Mark V but reading eslewhere it seems to imply you need another product from Voodoo?

Rick_Sanchez said:
Wayno said:
Hi, I use the voodoo lab and it works a charm. Standard 1/4" patch cables or guitar cables work fine.

Do you need anything else to get this to work? I'd assumed Helix into the voodoo via midi and then just the 1/4 jacks to the channels on the Mark V but reading eslewhere it seems to imply you need another product from Voodoo?

Hi, I just use the switching jacks on the back of the MARK 5 with patch cables to the control switcher. Setup is simple, set your effects pedal to send midi out on patch change ( PC i think but could be CC, consult the manual) then select a patch on the pedal, use the four buttons on the control switcher to set the MARK 5 channel and EQ etc, then press and hold button 1 and 4 on the control switcher until they flash. Done, very time you select that patch it will now set the MARK 5 how you want it.

Voodoo labs however do make apparently a cable to plug the control switcher into the footswitch jack on the back of the MARK 5. What functions this gives you access to though i couldn't say as i've no experience with it.

Back