Thoughts on Modern Pedal Boards

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jfriley

Reaction score
I've had my Mark V 35 almost three years now, I have the saturation mod installed and a pretty cool pedal board set up that I really love. I have the tone I've been chasing for years. My first few months with the amp were not as successful, but someone on here wisely told me to dump my 15-year-old Boss multi-effects board for real pedals and they were 100% correct.

Technology has come a long way though. Does anyone have experience with this new generation of amp modeling pedalboards? The Headrush or Line 6 Helix seems to be doing things the old Boss and Digitech multi-effects boards couldn't do. While I love the tone my Mark V gives me...I'm wondering how one of those new boards, hooked up in 4CM would sound.

Hi,

I run a gsp1101 with my 90w and she sings. Not the most feature packed unit but 1u rack space and very transparent. Used to run a gt8 and it sucked the life out of the amp. The gsp1101 does the few things I need it to very well.

I'd like to validate the GSP1101. Sure sounds good to me with Mark V25. Lots of control flexibility for tones and effects.

Yeah the GSP1101 really does sound good with the MARK 5. Granted, it's no AXEFX but what it does do it does very well. It can also be tweaked to run a modeled amp sim in parallel with the MARK 5 preamp so i get some really thick crunch tones! Happy days!!!

I was using a Fractal AX8 in 4 cable with my MarkV:25 and it was very cool, but recently switched back to a classic pedalboard and a switcher and it sounds way more clear and responsive. Take in consideration that Fractal is better in converters and overall transparency than Line6 and Headrush units (tested them side by side).

I have a GSP1101 that I used direct to the board when playing live, great unit.

Recently I got the Line 6 HX Effects. Super easy to program and it replaced my midi controller as well. Using it 7 cable maybe... in front of the amp and sending wet effects to a separate power amp in the WDW rig. Does everything I need plus change channels on the amp and selecting patches on my H9 - and bypassing the H9 as well.

Updated my pedalboard...turned out very clean.

PXL_20230528_214941745.jpg

I still use the floor the amp is resting on. Since I do not use my Mark V90 much anymore, it has not been an issue what effects I decide to run. The issue I see with the multi-effects pedals is generally latency or digital artifacts. Most of which have other amp models that do not sound realistic. If that is your thing, you can just bypass the amp and use the multi-effect and slave into it with just the return. I guess I am too old school and prefer a tube amp over simulated amp modeling. Sorry for the dirty carpet, my dog is ripping out his hair and it is getting everywhere. A pedal board would be something I should consider. Too many wires and stuff.

20230527_021216.jpg

Latest posts

Back