Celestion Neo in a Five:35?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiki295

Reaction score
I like the Celestion G12 in my MkIIC+ but I’m trying to put together a lighter weight rig

Has anybody tried the Celestion Neo Creamback in a Five:35? Any thoughts or sound samples? Looking for a thick, warm sound on both clean and lead modes

I put a Celestion Neo Creamback in my MKV:35 combo about 8 months ago. Swapping out that speaker for the stock Mesa speaker took the weight of the combo down to about 37 lbs. I truthfully can not tell much difference between the stock Mesa and the Neo Creamback. The lows are focused and tight, and remain so with volume HB's or singles. The mids are classic Mesa "a little mid forward" more so than trad Fender BF, and the high end is sparkly as can be with out getting shrill. My Suhr S-Classic with V60LP pickups and my Gibson 50's Tribute LP w/Gibson P90's deliver all the true single coil top end chime a player could want, and expect; the reason you play single coils. I have the SSC in the Suhr S-Classic and an Ilitch Control Cavity Silent Single Coil System in the LP - both guitars are exceptionally free from 60cycle hum with their true single coils, so I am really hearing the pickups - The Celestion Neo Creamback delivers all those single coil goods at any volume or power level setting faithfully. The Neo CB is a very good mate to this amp - I play in a 9 piece Horn R&B/Blues Rock band, all my Steve Cropper rhythm stabs and single note work comes through very true and musical. Within about 8-10 weeks the speaker began to really have that nice "old friend" broken in sound. Hope this helps.

I put a Celestion Neo Creamback in my MKV:35 combo about 6 months ago. Swapping out that speaker for the stock Mesa speaker took the weight of the combo down to about 37 lbs. I truthfully can not tell much difference between the stock mesa and the Neo Creamback. The lows are focused and tight, and remain so with volume. The mids are classic Mesa 'a little mid forward" more so than trad Fender BF, and the high end is sparkly as can be with out getting shrill. My Suhr S-Classic with V60LP pickups and my Gibson 50's Tribute LP w/Gibson P90's deliver all the true single coil chime a player could want, and expect. I have the SSC in the Suhr S-Classic and an Ilitch Control Cavity Silent Single Coil System in the LP - both guitars are exceptionally free from 60cycle hum with their true single coils - The Celestion Neo Creamback delivers all those single coil goods at any volume or power level setting faithfully. The Neo CB is a very good mate to this amp - I play in a 9 piece Horn R&B/Blues Rock band, all my Steve Cropper rhythm stabs and single note work comes through very true and musical. Within about 8-10 weeks the speaker began to really have that nice "old friend" broken in sound. Hope this helps.

Back