New Boogie Mark V 35 user

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toon

Reaction score
I am a new V 35 combo user and loving it so far.

Any hints and tips are welcome to ease me in slowly. Such a great amp with everything in the box.

I'm particularly interested in your views on pedals with this amp. I have quite a lot of pedals but am thinking they're pretty much redundant with this amp - I am only using delay into the effects loop and all the rest is in the amp.

I play a Les Paul and a Tele and preferred style is classic blues and rock (not really high gain metal though). I love the crunch setting on Channel 1 and can see it being my go to sound with a higher gain sound on Channel 2.

Tks

i-RH2RGmd.jpg

I have found that with the OD choices on ch2, I don't need that med-to-heavy OD pedal on my board anymore. I play on the Clean or Fat setting in ch1, depending on whether or not I'm playing Strat single coils or HB/P90's. Since the Crunch setting is not footwsitch accessible, and it's a great setting, I use a VFE Blues King or Rockett Blue Note, or Timmy, even an RC Booster for the edge of breakup in ch1 - which one gets the call depends on the guitar(s) I'm playing for that gig/session. They all mostly low-compression, lower OD type pedals that let me sneak up on that "bit-o-hair" light OD for rhythm playing or single note work. So with my MV:35 I was able to get one OD pedal off the board. I'd also encourage you to investigate the Extreme OD setting on ch2 (don't be put off by the setting name). Use the low end of the gain pot, it's surprisingly & pleasingly musical and very organic sounding for Med-OD type tones. It's a very well designed gigging amp. Enjoy the MV:35. Hope this helps.

I don't use any OD or distortion pedals with my Mark V 35. IMO, the amp has that covered. I put channel 1 on the crunch mode with the gain about 9 o'clock and from that point, I just use the volume and pickups on my guitar to get the sound I want. Guitar volume up most of the way and bridge humbucker give a lot of "bite". Guitar volume down with neck single coil gives a nice clean, but still overdriven tone. Kinda like a fender amp with a Tube Screamer in front of it.

I only use the EQ with channel 1. I have a slight mid scoop, with the middle slider at the mid level, and the others slightly above that forming a curve. I never use the footswitch to operate the EQ.

I only play a few tunes using channel 2. Harder rock stuff. I use the Mark II setting. Gain about noon. Only with my bridge humbucker and again, I adjust volume with at the guitar.

On both channels I set the treble at 1 o'clock, bass at 11 o'clock. On channel 1 I set the mid at about 1 o'clock (I know that sounds contradictory to how I set the EQ, but it works) and on channel 2 I set the mid at about 11 o'clock.

The only effects pedal I use is a TC Electronics vibrato pedal. Just for a couple tunes and with channel 1. I'm not big into pedals.

Latest posts

Back