I wish the Mark V had pull pots

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlpasco

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
I wish that I could use Pull Bright, Treble Shift, Bass Shift, and Pull Deep on my Mark V channels instead of having to deal with hard-wired combinations. I feel like I could do some more interesting things with Clean mode on Channel 1 and IIC+ mode on Channel 3 (being able to engage Pull Deep on IIC+ mode would be a game-changer for me).

Oh, well :/

dlpasco said:
I wish that I could use Pull Bright, Treble Shift, Bass Shift, and Pull Deep on my Mark V channels instead of having to deal with hard-wired combinations. I feel like I could do some more interesting things with Clean mode on Channel 1 and IIC+ mode on Channel 3 (being able to engage Pull Deep on IIC+ mode would be a game-changer for me).

Oh, well :/

+1

Vol 1 deletion and removal of pull pots is a huge loss in tonal versatility compared to the older boogies. That said, the V is crazy versatile even without these. I somehow don't think this functionality would be brought back in.

In the Mark VI I'm praying for Midi for both channel(and mode switching. I wonder if they would even retain the whole multi amp approach to the VI. A single voiced amp would seem so boring in comparison.

Not to turn this into a VI wish list....but let me add to the wish list.

Pull pots for more versatility would be good (as crazy versatile as the amp already is). But, somehow making the VI midi switchable, like fully, with *all* settings, that would be kick ***. Including tone controls, modes, channels, everything. I played around with a Hughs & Kettner (solid state) Black Spirit 200 amp that my buddy has. The flexibility is just awesome where you can store everything in a midi setting and recall it with the footswitch. They did a decent job (actually a *great* job) in getting a natural tone out of a solid state amp.

That being said, Mesa (you listening?) should get a couple of those Black Spirits and really give them a close look. Then, add that level of flexibility and setting memory to a tube amp somehow. That would be absolute magic.

Maybe I should just call it a day and get a K*mp*r. :0

mace said:
Maybe I should just call it a day and get a K*mp*r. :0

Every now and then I ask myself why I run the Mesa heads when I could use the Axe FX for all of it... do away with a thousand cables, reduce my power bill, eliminate the heat coming from the tubes and remove all complexity from recording. Lol, then I turn them on and the question suddenly goes away :)

Back