Carbon copy delay in fx loop of mark v:35

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koosh27

Reaction score
Post subject: Carbon copy delay in fx loop of mark v:35PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:08 pm
Bottle Rocket

So im trying to use my carbon copy delay in the fx loop of my mark v 35 because it absolutely blows in front. When i do its usuable but way less pronounced no matter how much i turn the dials up. Is there anything i can do? Any delays that work better with these amps? Thanks in advance

koosh27 said:
Post subject: Carbon copy delay in fx loop of mark v:35PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:08 pm
Bottle Rocket

So im trying to use my carbon copy delay in the fx loop of my mark v 35 because it absolutely blows in front. When i do its usuable but way less pronounced no matter how much i turn the dials up. Is there anything i can do? Any delays that work better with these amps? Thanks in advance
Have you tried turning the loop send level down some? The CC is analog I think and probably can’t take line level input.

The carbon copy works fine in the 90 watt. My hunch is the pedal is working fine, you just don't like it. It's really only good for a mild slap back type delay (imho, not a big fan of this pedal). If you're looking for huge atmospheric delay sounds there are much better pedals out there. If you're looking for crystal clear repeats, this is not your pedal. If you're a delay pedal expert I apologize, but look into the different types of delay pedals out there and the differences between analog and digital delays. You may just need a different type of delay.
Or it's just not working right for whatever reason.

The delay works great on a clean setting in both the front or fx loop. It just becomes sort of lost in the fx loop with any kind of gain real gain. Ill look into some different pedals. Thanks for the input guys!

One thing I found about this pedal in particular that when running with batteries in the loop of my IV it sounds identical to what ur describing, but when connected to power supply was as you;d expect it, it should sound great in the loop, hope that helps.

I didn't want to buy an extra set of cables until I was sure the pedal was going to work correctly through the effects Loop. I've just been using a 9-volt battery and patch cables to plug it in. I'm guessing this could be the issue then! You can't see me but I'm doing a massive facepalm right now. Thank you for the input I will try it as soon as I get some cables!

What version of the Carbon Copy do you have? There are two versions. The first version (these are versions not that version 2 is an upgrade) the second version is much more crisp on the high end. The first version is the one I use and I use two of them in the loop. I actually specifically got the Carbon copy because to my ear the tone produced was not one that screamed "Wo Ho!!... listen to my delay pedal". Each pedal set different. I do this so I can get a tap tap.....tap tap.....tap tap effect when playing a song like The Police Every Breath You Take. The pedal effect is more pronounced when on the clean side because the snap of the pick against the string and the natural decay of the note. When using drive or a distortion pedal not hearing the delay pedal as pronounced is caused by the less upfront string snap and less pronounced decay of a driven tone. That is the nature of using delay over a driven signal when using a distortion pedal.

What you are hearing or not hearing with the Carbon copy will be the same with any delay pedal. If you play staccato (picking using palm mute) you will hear the delay more pronounced clean, distorted or driven.

TC Flashback ii seems to work well on my V:35 through the fx loop, with all sorts of different delays. I'm enjoying 200 to 300 ms the most, something a bit more than a slap but not too pronounced. I use some reverb as well.

Back