Volume pedal in the loop

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kavevester

Reaction score
I have searhed for this and there is different problems with the loop (understanding it at least).. I have put i a lo impedans pedal (BossFV-30L) to control the overall
volume of the beast but it won't turn all the way down. It dos the same with a Boss FV-500H - high impedance.. Hmm - strange

Why is that (bleed circuit or)..???
How to control overall volume if this is not the way.. ???

Not sure about the Mark V but on a Mark IV the MASTERS double as the fx send control, and the OUTPUT LEVEL also works as an fx return control.

You could try keeping the master on 4-5 while keeping the output on 1-2. Check to see if you hear anything.
OR
The master on 1-2 and the output 4-5. And check to see if it's quiet or louder.

Those are just rough numbers but you get the idea. I've never had the output on my IV past 3, but I've also never tried a volume pedal in the fx loop.

Or you could try an attenuator to keep your volume down.

When I first got my Mark V...quite a few years ago... I tried just about everything to try to keep the volume down.

The Mark V all on it's own can be played at low volume levels. No pedals, no attenuators no trickery.

The Mark V is not designed like the other amps I had experience with so I tried everything I knew. Then someone on this Board said "Let the amp breathe"

To start, Turn the amp "Output" down to "0" (Zero) set channel 3 Master (volume) to about 9am.

Then bring up the amp "Output" to what you are looking for. Let the channel create it's drive and tone. Let the Power section do the work.

For me I found the amp becomes more articulate to your picking and sensitive to the Volume control on your guitar. Channel 2 works the same. Channel 1 takes a little more work if you are trying to get really clean with no breakup. It can be done.

Back