Reverb making loud buzz on channel 1

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kreatorkills

Reaction score
I was wondering if it's normal to have a buzz when using reverb on channel one when running clean tone. When i turn the reverb knob on the back down the buzz goes away, when i turn it up the buzz gets more pronounced the more it's turned up. Also, the more the volume is turned up the louder the buzz gets. It's so annoying that i don't like using it unfortunately. I tried it with no pedals or anything but guitar and different guitars plugged in and it's still there. It's like a static type buzz.

Hi,

You might want to try replacing the tubes at V4 and/or V5 since these are related to the reverb circuit. There shouldn't be any buzzing from the reverb normally. Also, check the reverb tank connections to make sure they are good.

I think what's going on is I'm running the master too high. I usually run the master at about 1:00 and the gain at about 11:00. I just tried running the master at 9:00 and the Gain at 1:00 and 3:00 and 5:00 and there is no noise with the reverb. I like to get a really tight clean tone but i guess I'll have to switch up if i want to use reverb. I never really used it much before because i have other effects, but i thought i might like to try using it more, but the noise is just too much with the settings i usually use.
Thanks for the reply though mace.

Usually clean or fat, but it seems to be the worst on clean at 90 watts. It does it on all wattage's and modes if you turn up the output enough, and i tried with or without eq and in diode or tube. So it seems to be the master going past a certain point in combination with the output were it kicks in.

Latest posts

Back