MKV35 Combo Compressor Choices?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulg2uk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I managed to get hold of a 2nd hand V35 combo last week. No wear on it at all and in mint condition. Great buy and great deal I thought. I've owned one before around a year ago and really missed it so I took the plunge again. I usually use my RKII head when I go out gigging but recently I decided to look into minimise my setup a little, purely because I'm fed up of carting it about everywhere. So I bought the 35 combo to help with that. Big sound in a some combo I really like it. I can't believe it a 1x12 and so loud lol.

Anyway, I just wondered what you all use for a compressor? I'm using the Origin Effects Cali76 Duluxe at the moment but wanted to try something else, something a little easier to tweak. What do you all recommend that might be best suited for the 35? Anyone tried the new Keeley Aria?

Cheers
Paul

Hi, I use the Cali76 CD, but I've used the Keeley compressor + for almost an year. The Cali76 is on another level, but the Keeley may be an alternative with the tone control that may change the overall tone of your guitar (slightly) and the Level that may act as a booster in front of an OD or the amp itself. The aria you mentioned is essentially the Compressor + and an overdrive, so yes, I think it will sound good.

Latest posts

Back