Mark V 35 learning curve plus OD

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrose1201

Reaction score
So I just got my first Boogie after oh so many years! The tone, articulation everything just blows my Carvin away I'm afraid. One problem is that I am not a great guitar player, so it really points out my flaws (there is a great post about that) I have a lot of learning and tweaking to do but I have yet to find the time. Thankfully we don't have a lot of gigs currently! Sort of... but in the meantime I hooked up Tech 21 RK5 and found that it barely registers on the Mark V35. It really sounded like an OD on my Carvin, not so much on this! Maybe I need to try my Tube Screamer instead. One thing I noticed though on the delay on the RK5 what sounded ok on the Carvin, now sounds hollow and thin on the Mesa. Perhaps it's picky about the pedals that go through it?

I have a lot to learn with this baby, so bear with me. But if any one has any thoughts I would love to hear them. I just want a smooth OD sound and a nice delay that, well, delays and doesn't color.

Thanks!

Keep in mind, if using an overdrive or any distortion type pedal into the front of an amp, you have to have ample headroom; or it will sound blah and weak (or you may not notice much difference at all when engaged). So, you have to have the volumes up, on the amp, especially if using a low power mode.

royslead said:
Keep in mind, if using an overdrive or any distortion type pedal into the front of an amp, you have to have ample headroom; or it will sound blah and weak (or you may not notice much difference at all when engaged). So, you have to have the volumes up, on the amp, especially if using a low power mode.

Thank you! I posted a thread about something like this. I didn't even think about headroom when it came to using an od pedal, and I've been using it on 10 watt mode too!

Back